Seeking candidates available to serve in an Interim capacity. Potential for future long-term employment exists.
- Be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ, a person of character and integrity who views this position as a calling from God. The incumbent’s life must exemplify the purpose, philosophy, and doctrine of Corinth Baptist Church, and must embody Christ-like unity through Christian Leadership.
- Continue to grow and develop personally and professionally in regards to the Christian faith, the administration and operation of contemporary worship, and the management and leadership skills as they pertain to church volunteers.
- Seek to select and to use music that brings glory to God, is theologically correct, and ministers to the congregation. In addition, considerable sensitivity is appreciated to ensure respect for the diversity of atmosphere between Traditional and Contemporary worship.
- Work with the Senior Pastor to develop a vision for worship planning and ensure the vision is conveyed to volunteer teams supporting worship in a unifying manner.
- Must have technical mastery of the various aspects in his area of expertise and must be involved in the worship, music, and administration work through effective leadership and training. The incumbent would minister in such a way that people feel encouraged and appreciated in their ministry.
- Lead the Worship Team weekly meetings in order to plan worship services in partnership with pastors/staff, and ensure appropriate and timely dissemination of details to staff and volunteers as needed.
- Craft (in partnership with the Senior Pastor) effective worship services, schedule special music for worship, and coordinate the presentation of worship through your leadership on Sunday mornings.
- In consultation with the Senior Pastor plans, selects, and programs music for regular and special worship services. Special services including, but not limited to, Christmas and Easter services.
- Coordinate with the Pastor the general and specific types of service music, and the other special participation to be used in order that the worship services may be effective and coherent and that soloists, ensembles, and instrumentalists may be adequately prepared for such services.
- Must demonstrate mastery in his/her areas of responsibility and as such must assume overall responsibility for the choir, ensemble, instrumentalists, audio, visuals, and leading weekly rehearsals for each.
- Supervise, develop, and train volunteers for music ministry. Lead others to develop and grow their skills in the above-mentioned ministries, encouraging the ministries to ensure success and excellence in every area under his or her leadership. Create a program for recruitment that canvasses a broad base of potential participants and areas of ministry.
- Continue to develop, nurture, and maintain existing Youth and Children’s music programs. Encourage growth, offer inspiration, guidance, support, and work to include both programs in the overall vision, and execution of the worship experience for the church.
- Seek to actively engage with worship attendees before, during, and after services.
- Oversee and assure maintenance and care for music library, as well as all equipment used throughout the music/worship ministry.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A / B.S.) from accredited four-year college or university
- Experience with various software applications preferred (Planning Center, Pro Presenter, Logic & Ableton).
- Evidence of formal music training preferred.
- Experience recruiting and leading a wide variety of musical outlets including but not limited to choirs, ensembles, and contemporary Christian music bands.
- Christian musical performance experience. Proficiency in vocals and the demonstrated ability to play one or more leading musical instruments.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of musical worship services (i.e. soundboards, lights, etc.).