First Baptist Church – Santa Fe is seeking an Associate Pastor of Worship! We are a loving and joyful multi-ethnic, multi-generational church in beautiful Santa Fe, NM! By grace, we exist to glorify God as a healthy New Testament church that loves God, loves people, and makes disciples of Jesus Christ.
We are looking for an Associate Pastor of Worship candidate who feels called to:
– Have the biblical qualifications for a pastoral minister (1 Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:5-9);
– Have a ministry of music, the Word, and prayer (Acts 6:1-7, 16:25, Eph. 5:19, & Col. 3:16);
– Believe in Baptist distinctives, congregational polity, and The Baptist Faith & Message;
– Be a Christian and a healthy church member, who leads and follows leadership;
– Promote congregational unity by creatively bringing together an eclectic array of abilities and tastes (choir, band, hymns, and choruses) into one unified voice of worship;
– Have the heart of a teacher and discipler – someone who desires excellence, to help the choir, musicians, vocalists, audio, and video technicians grow and be challenged in love;
– Have a missions mindset – someone who sees great missional opportunity in Santa Fe;
– Exhibit a spirit of service – organized, prompt, professional, and teachable; and
– Be a team player – we are seeking to create a Pastoral Leadership Team that loves and supports one another as a healthy microcosm of the church body.
Scope of Worship Duties:
– Plan, promote, produce, and evaluate comprehensive programs of music for the purpose of spiritual growth, worship, and outreach;
– Assist the Pastoral Leadership Team in planning worship services and be responsible for selection and arrangement of music;
– Organize a music ministry that grows out of the gifts and abilities of the church that includes: congregational singing, choir, band, musicians, audio and video technicians, and student programs;
– Supervise relevant resources – budget, music materials, music library, supplies, instruments, lighting, sound, audio, video, and digital systems;
– Attend and participate in staff meetings, worship services, regular church activities, special events of the church, and denominational activities; and
– Develop and supervise programs to present the Gospel and enhance congregational worship by including activities such as drama, visual arts, and special programs like Christmas, the Living Nativity, Easter, Vacation Bible School, etc.
Scope of Other Duties:
– Collaborate with the Pastoral Leadership Team to develop discipleship vision that moves from pre-believer, to conversion, and to active growing disciple with input from other ministry leaders;
– Use other gifts and abilities to help First Baptist Church in its mission in Santa Fe;
– Be available for office hours, discipleship, and pastoral counseling; and
– Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Sr. Pastor.
An interested candidate should e-mail a resume and two video examples of worship leadership to. The application deadline is November 15, 2021. The worship examples can be in a church worship service or in a small group/Bible study setting. The search committee prefers links to on-line media, such as a church website, Facebook live, youtube.com, vimeo.com, etc.