The Associate Pastor of Worship aims to glorify God by helping shepherd the saints of Pine Grove; direct and help to instruct the direction of the music and those involved in the music ministry; overseeing all areas of music at the church;develop ways to improve the skills of the musicians and the singing of the congregation; develop outreach opportunities through music in our community. We’re praying for a man who looks to pastor people as the priority of his ministry, who is musically gifted and is looking to be part of a church such as ours in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.
● A man who is committed to the Lord before all others. This should be evident in a faithful devotional life both privately and in his family, love for the local church, and zeal in worship.
● He must meet the qualifications of an elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9, and the descriptions of an elder in Acts 20:18-38 and 1 Peter 5:1-4.
● He will have a commitment to sound doctrine, be theologically informed, and considers himself Reformed. He’ll be glad to work under our church’s statement of faith, constitution, and bylaws.
● His family will be well ordered.
● Fits well with the staff and elders at our church and is able to maintain a cheerful and hard-working attitude.
● Be accountable as an elder to the elders of the church, and report to the Senior Pastor.
● Formal musical education and/or training (degree preferred but not required). He will have the gifts needed to accomplish the duties as outlined below.
● Familiarity with the history of the Reformed tradition of worship.
● Ongoing investment in studying to continue to grow in the gifts to be more fruitful in ministry.
1. Pastoral leadership
● Pray regularly for the ministry of the church and her saints.
● Provide pastoral care for those within your specific ministry sphere…always consider that your main duty is to shepherd the souls under your care. This may include leading a small group.
● Eagerly participate in the broader life of the church (membership meetings, hospitality, small groups, etc.).
● Contribute to the regular staff meetings, elder meetings, retreats, and or conferences.
2. Music Leadership
● Oversee all PGCC music programs and personnel, working closely with the other staff and elders.
● Lead music for Sunday morning and at other various times of congregational singing, choirs, etc.
● Work under the oversight of the senior pastor to select music for Sunday morning worship.
● Oversee the preparation for scheduling musicians, preparing music, media, and technology.
● Provide musical leadership at other church-sponsored programs and events such as Christmas events, Pine Grove Wednesday, and men’s conference.
3. Music Growth
● Regularly evaluate our Sunday morning worship and work with other staff, elders, and musicians to improve our worship of God.
● Consider ways to help the congregation grow in singing and understanding of the various aspects of Sunday morning worship.
● Recruit and/or develop vocalists, musicians, and tech/media.
● Oversee the creation and maintenance of “songbook” for our church.
● Help equip families to learn to sing together in the home.
● According to gifting, help to oversee the development and management of a media ministry which may include items such as live streaming, website, social media, blogs, podcasts, etc.
● Consider ways to steward PGCC’s music for the sake of declaring the gospel for the good of our community.