- A clear testimony of faith in Christ
- Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle, fulfilling the biblical leadership qualifications of an elder described in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement of Richland CMA
- Competent in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships
- Potential and desire to remain in long term ministry at Richland CMA
- Competent in music theory
- Competent singer and instrumentalist
- Successful ministry experience
- Preferably at least a minor in Bible or related field
- Ordained, licensed or willing to seek licensure within the first 3 years of ministry
- Ability to work under the direction of the senior pastor and elders of Richland CMA
- The associate pastor of worship is accountable to and serves under the direction and authority of the senior pastor.
- The associate pastor will be reviewed no less than quarterly by the senior pastor.
- The associate pastor will provide leadership to the Richland CAM worship ministry. The associate pastor’s primary responsibility will be worship ministry, but his scope of ministry will be related to many aspects of church ministry. He will have responsibility commensurate with his skills and abilities.
Worship ministry duties:
- Oversee all worship activity including:
- Organize and lead worship during services
- Organize and lead worship in programs related to the church
- Provide opportunities for laypeople to be involved in worship services
- Organize and lead worship practices
- Choose worship music
- Provide worship for youth and children through training and or participation.
Other church duties
- Commensurate with skills, abilities and passions.
- Oversee church ministry as directed
- Assist in developing leaders
- Participate with elders where needed
- Represent Jesus and the church to the community
- Provide ministry to the broader body of Christ