Wrens Baptist Church is prayerfully seeking God’s man to serve as our next Associate Pastor of Worship ministries. We are a local body of believers located in Wrens, Georgia. We are a Church that seeks to “encourage everyday people to be committed followers of Jesus.” As we seek to “do life” together, our church intentionally focuses on Biblical teaching, intentional prayer, transforming families, missional impact, and sacrificial service. We have a passion for the Scriptures, a passion for missions (local, regional, and global), and a desire to reach families for Christ.
We offer Sunday morning Bible studies (Sunday School), in-person and digital worship services, Sunday evening discipleship groups (LIFE Studies), and a family meal, programming for children and youth, and corporate prayer on Wednesday evenings. Our pre-COVID worship attendance averaged 225, and our Sunday morning Bible studies averaged 180.
Associate Pastor of Worship Responsibilities
- Plan and execute a philosophy of ministry which follows the overall vision of WBC under the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- Organize and coordinate the creative and administrative details of the morning worship experience which includes overseeing audio/video/lighting/computer technicians behind the scene and all musicians on the platform.
- Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of each worship service. This will consist of weekly meetings with the Senior Pastor to determine sermon topics and desired emphases.
- Plan worship music, soloists, musical specials or guests, instrumental groups, and other matters as considered appropriate.
- Lead and/or coordinate all rehearsals with musical groups.
- Lead the church in all worship services and congregational singing unless delegated to another individual.
- Oversee the planning and direction of the annual Christmas presentations, Easter presentations and other special worship service events planned by Pastoral Staff.
- Adhere to church approved guidelines as set forth in WBC Governing Documents.
- Maintain vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through personal Bible study and prayer.
- Maintain proper priorities in your home and be a spiritual leader to your spouse and children.
- Develop personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
Perform any other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
We are looking for a worship pastor with at least a 4 year degree encompassing both music and theology.
Experience in Ministry
The candidate should have at least 3-4 years of ministry experience. This should include leading, matching people and music in the right fit, having a vision to help musicians grow, knowledge of basic technology, possessing organizational skills, and having musical ability.
- Have a strong, growing relationship with Christ.
- Be a faithful tither.
- Possess good relational skills, showing a love for God’s people and His church.
- Be a man of high integrity, guided by a Biblical set of ethical principles.
- Strive to meet the qualifications of an elder found in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.