Associate Pastor of Young Adults and Young Families
Dale City Baptist Church (DCBC) of Woodbridge, Virginia is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor of Young Adults and Young Families (APYAYF) to minister to the young members of our church with outreach emphasis to the local community. The geographic area surrounding our church is rich in opportunities to reach and disciple young families and young adults. DCBC is committed to living out the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40) and fulfilling the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20).
DCBC is 52 years old and represents various generations, demographics, cultures, ministries, and participates in both local outreach, community service, and global missions. The church cooperates predominately with the Southern Baptist Convention on a national level and with the Southern Baptist Convention of Virginia on a state and local level.
Candidate Position Overview: Pastor of Young Adults and Young Families
This is a full time, salaried position with a minimum of 40 hours per week. Defined office hours will be set with remaining hours structured with flexibility. The candidate would also align with the pastoral qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7. Candidate must be a devoted Christian who walks in Christian love and engages in actions that reflect honorably on Christ and His Church. The APYAYF must worship and study God’s Word regularly, observe our ordinances, agree with the vision of DCBC and give generously and cheerfully of their personal time, talents, and treasures.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- The APYAYF is responsible for planning, leading, promoting, and developing a Christ-centered, safe, and effective ministry for Young Adults and Young Families.
- The APYAYF will serve under the direction/oversight of the Senior Pastor and participate in DCBC Staff meetings.
- The APYAYF will coordinate activities and partner with other ministries of the church to create a biblical foundation that will help disciple and encourage young families and young adults as they grow in their faith.
Other duties include:
- Develop an approach to outreach and discipleship strategy to include local college campuses and military units.
- Disciple young families and young adults in the development of their faith and lead them to become committed followers of Christ.
- Develop, promote, and coordinate intergenerational activities to involve the Young Families and Young Adults with the entire church body.
- Identify, recruit, build relationships with, and develop volunteer leaders to interact and effectively lead Young Adults and Young Families outreach, programs, and events.
- Stay up to date on teaching methods / materials and oversee their implementation.
- Utilize technology and social media platforms to promote ministry activities and connect to students in a Godly manner.
- Be available and prepared to teach any Sunday School class in the absence of its regular teacher.
- Develop a young married couple’s ministry and the associated ministries required to support it to include small group settings.
Requirements and Preferences:
- Bachelors or higher-level degree from an accredited college / university required.
- Seminary degree or pursuant of a seminary degree preferred.
- Previous experience in Young Adults and Young Families youth and college ministry preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.