The Associate Pastor for Students and Discipleship is primarily responsible for student ministries from junior high school through college, as well as the development and supervision of the church’s discipleship program. This is a full-time position. The Associate Pastor for Students and Discipleship plays an integral part in the leadership and planning of Royal Palms Baptist Church
• Teach, lead and connect with students and their families.
• Develop and lead a student ministry and discipleship team.
(Time breakdown: 60% students/40% discipleship)
• Coordinate and assist with Revolution Youth and off campus small groups.
• Plan other youth “events” and functions to grow youth (and their families) into committed followers of Jesus Christ.
• Coordinate and accompany youth to summer camp.
• Develop (with the senior pastor) and supervise church-wide discipleship ministries including youth and adult small groups.
• Maintain regular office hours, attend staff meetings and pertinent church committee/team meetings.
• Preach and teach upon request.
• Work along with the senior pastor and staff towards the glory of God in the city of Phoenix and the welfare of Royal Palms Baptist church specifically.
1) Must be a member RPBC (or join at time of employment).
2) Be part of a small group and active participant in the vision and strategy of Royal Palms throughout employment.
3) Must affirm to the Baptist Faith and Message (2000).
4) At time of employment: submit to a background check.
5) Must be a team player and willing to help with other ministries if the need arises.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Experience in youth ministry preferred.
Seminary degree preferred.