Family Ministry Responsibilities
1. Cast the vision, create the culture, and help build a dynamic, Christ-honoring, disciple-making family ministry.
2. Equip parents to disciple their children at home and in everyday life. Help parents start spiritual conversations with their children. Continue to develop our [email protected] ministry.
3. Serve as Team Leader for the Kids Ministry Team. Work with the Kids Ministry Team to enlist and equip Kids Ministry Leaders such as:
– Child Check-in Leader
– Teachers for Sunday School
– Sunday Morning Worship Preschool Coordinator
– Kids Worship Coordinator, Teachers & Helpers
– Awana Commander & Teachers/Helpers
– CentriKid Leader
– VBS Director, Teachers & Helpers
– Other ministries as needed
4. Prepare annual budget recommendations to the Finance Committee.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Lead First Impressions Ministry.
• Work with the pastoral staff to:
– Lead our church to be harvest focused.
– Study our community to develop/implement a strategy for outreach.
– Discover opportunities for the church to serve, be a good neighbor, and bring blessing to the community
… thus enhancing our witness for Christ in the community.
– Execute a social media plan and web presence.
1. Do your best to live up to God’s call as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4.
2. Assist Pastors/Deacons in the shepherding aspect of Pastoral ministry.
3. Model Christian giving by practicing tithing as the minimum standard of Christian giving.
4. Be in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
5. Be committed to a spiritual/professional growth plan.
Characteristics of the Man We Seek
• Personable – comfortable with people and good at relationships.
• Catalytic Leader – skills to lead and the ability to connect with the congregation in brief moments during worship services … communicating a clear vision, celebrating God moments with the church, Bible reading/prayer, announcements, etc.
• Professional/competent – experience on church staff is preferred.
• Creative – this is a definite plus. Out-of-the-box thinker who can problem-solve.
• Gifted teacher, strong administrative skills.