The ASSOCIATE PASTOR WITH STUDENTS serves Green Level Baptist Church in two primary ways. First, he serves both by assisting and partnering with the Senior Pastor to lead and shepherd our church family. Second, he serves by leading and overseeing our church’s Youth Ministry with the help of the Youth Council.
Key Attributes/Qualifications (abbreviated*):
In addition to the biblical qualifications for a pastor found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4 the person called to this role should be a committed follower of Jesus Christ who has demonstrated he is:
- CALLED to vocational pastoral ministry with an obvious love for Christ and His Church.
- HUMBLE/RELATIONAL with a commitment to work well with others.
- INTENTIONAL with observable skills in organization, planning, and both verbal and written communication at all age levels.
- SELF-MOTIVATED with a high work-ethic and strong initiative.
- TEACHABLE with a desire to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- LIVELY with excitement and enthusiasm for the glory of God, the good of His Church, and the spread of His Gospel.
- INVESTED with a passion to evangelize and to equip, empower, encourage disciples, particularly students, parents, and leaders.
- KNOWLEDGEABLE with a firm foundation on the Gospel and biblical truth, as well as church-based strategies for discipling others.
- EXPERIENCED working with (and preferably leading) others, particularly students, parents, and volunteers in a church-based setting.
Candidates should have earned a Master of Divinity (MDiv).
Job Responsibilities (abbreviated*):
- SUPPORT the Senior Pastor in day-to-day ministry, assisting him with vision casting, strategic planning, administrative work, and pastoral care (e.g., prayer, visitation, counseling, special services, etc.)
- PREACH (and TEACH), as needed, at the request, and under the direction, of the Senior Pastor.
- EXPAND the ministry of Green Level Baptist Church by partnering with the Senior Pastor to develop and implement a pastoral equipping strategy based upon Ephesians 4:11-12.
- LEAD the Youth Ministry, overseeing ministry programming (e.g., ongoing weekly ministries and special events) and planning (e.g., yearly goals and budget).
- EQUIP, EMPOWER & ENCOURAGE (3Es) leaders and volunteers to serve confidently using their God given gifts and talents within the Youth Ministry.
- TEACH the Gospel to students and families in an engaging, yet biblically-sound way so that students understand what it means to know Christ and follow Him.
- INVEST in parents and families “as partners,” providing tools and resources to connect church with home and encourage worship and disciple-making in the home.
- INTEGRATE students and families in the larger life and ministries of the church, such as worship services, service projects, and missions opportunities.
- ENGAGE in Staff meetings, discussions, and additional projects, as needed, at the request, and under the direction, of the Senior Pastor.