CCJAX is located in the western outskirts of Jacksonville FL. We are accepting applications for our Associate/ Youth Pastor position. We are a small to mid size church with a weekly (on site) attendance averaging 125. The position will primarily focus on assisting the Rector in various expressions of ministry as well as oversight of our youth ministry (which is a start up ministry for 7th-12th grade). At this point about 5-7 students.
Mature, growing disciple with a consistent devotional life
Enthusiasm for ministering to students and their families
Passionate about engaging all ages with the Gospel through worship, teaching and outreach
Ability to work on a team towards specific goals
Ability to work on multiple tasks, be flexible, and work with a team
Capable and influencing leader with strong interpersonal skills
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
20 hours: Youth Ministry 10 hr, Associate pastor responsibilities 10 hr.
– Our staff ministry philosophy is to mold the position around the one God brings to us. However, these are the basic responsibilities we see as important.
– Oversee and implement vision of youth ministry (7th-12th)
-Be the main communicator and provide spiritual guidance for students, and possibly college age students in the future.
– Connect and align with the vision of the church and Rector, creating continuity and consistency.
– Create discipleship methods (small or missional groups) for teaching and developing a relationship with God.
– Lead/ Teach Wednesday morning adult service and Wed. night Youth Ministry.
– Missional work (attend students, meals, activities, sports, etc)
– Sunday morning serve in both services alongside Rector. Part of the Preaching team for these services.
– Regular outreach events (Christian concerts, conferences, camps, etc)
– Oversee fundraisers when needed
– Weekly/ bi weekly staff meetings. Monthly mentoring with Rector.
– Assist at special services (Holy Week, Christmas, etc.)
– Share in the Counseling/ Visitation ministry.
Must excel in written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Social media experience would be a plus.
Good organizational and administrative skills.
Must be able to work well in a team environment.
Should have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
4-year degree preferred but not mandatory
Must be in alignment with Christ Church Jacksonville’s statement of beliefs
Pass background check.
Be a mature and growing Christian leader with good moral character and integrity.
Embrace the understanding that the Bible is the foundation for all teaching and ministry.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to… Pastor Matt Kirk.