The Associate Rector for Family Ministry fully shares in the liturgical and pastoral life of St. Luke’s on the Lake through celebrating the Eucharist, preaching, teaching and engaging in pastoral care.
Additionally, the Associate Rector will provide imaginative and dynamic leadership, building upon our strong foundation to enhance and grow our ministries for families with children and youth, thinking about ministry to the entire family unit. The Associate Rector will nurture relationships with parishioners of all ages, but particularly parents and children, serving them as pastor, guide, mentor, and priest.
- Communicate the Good News of Jesus with joy, clarity, and freshness.
- Build relationships with all parishioners, especially families of children and youth.
- Actively support the mission of St. Luke’s while upholding our core values.
- Lead and supervise a group of part-time staff members to help implement and maintain the programs for children and youth.
- Develop and grow creative ministries for families on Sunday and throughout the week.
- Recruit, empower, and support lay leaders to actively build family, children, and youth ministries.
- Collaborate with church staff and lay leaders to support a vibrant and vital parish life.
- Work within the budgets of all assigned ministries.
- Participate fully in the life and ministry of the Diocese of Texas.
- Seek opportunities to collaboratively engage in family, children, and youth with other parishes and regional partners.
- Other duties assigned by the Rector.
Minimum Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Bachelor’s and Master of Divinity degree.
- Ordination and a priest in good standing in the Episcopal Church.
- Deep and abiding sense of God’s love, nurtured through daily prayer and Bible study.
- Strong interpersonal and pastoral skills.
- Strong attention to detail and time management.
- Willingness to use lessons learned from each experience as an opportunity for growth.
Very competitive compensation and benefits that come with being a priest in The Diocese of Texas.
Please email resume and cover letter to The Reverend Justin Yawn.