The Student/Associate Pastor shall mainly serve as the purpose and program director at Birdsboro Nazarene Church with regards to student ministries, grades 7-12; but will also serve to assist the Lead Pastor with other church ministries: to include Sunday service preaching, Ministry Team oversight, and etc. as necessary.
This pastor is expected to live in harmony with the general and special rules of the Church of the Nazarene (as stated in the Manual: Church of the Nazarene, specifically paragraph 159-159.8)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (related to student ministries)
- To lead, supervise, and coordinate all ministry to youth, 7th grade through 12th, and to their families as appropriate.
- To provide every student with the opportunity to accept Christ as their personal Savior, ultimately preparing them for lifelong service whether through calling or lay ministry.
- To provide effective promotion and advertising of the ministry to the church body at large.
- To develop and provide leadership to a team of student ministry volunteers, The NYI President, and the NYI Council.
- To develop and provide leadership to student leaders and foster an atmosphere where they can lead and be led.
- To work with your various teams to create student-specific events that provide fellowship opportunities for students within the church and encourage new students to participate.
- To ensure that students, and students ministries, is connected to the larger vision/mission of the church.
- To provide retreat opportunities as necessary.
- To choose and order appropriate curriculum for use in all student related ministries.
- To develop and submit an annual budget for all youth ministry areas, and to oversee expenditures in order to maintain budgetary integrity.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (related to the general church)
- To be a part of the preaching team that would preach on Sunday mornings.
- Lead by example, especially in “all-church” initiatives.
- To assist the Lead Pastor as necessary.
An extremely important aspect of this position is the spiritual character and integrity of the individual who fills it, as they acknowledge their responsibility to act in the best interest of Birdsboro Nazarene at all times, and are expected to conduct his/her private life in a manner which will not embarrass the Church.
A few essential qualities that we would be looking for are that you have a heart for students and their challenges and culture; have the ability to delegate and provide proper follow-up; come from a background of successful student ministry, either as a student yourself, or as a leader; are humble and teachable; is someone who desires to see students ministered to and transformed.
We would prefer for you to have, or be working towards, an undergraduate degree in student pastoral ministry, or similar, and be working towards your ordination.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a part-time/full time position (depending on your specific situation this position could be considered bi-vocational). The staff package includes a cash and benefits package as well as usage of the staff house, which includes all utilities. A more detailed breakdown can be provided to interested candidates.
One final note: we believe in hiring good people that may or may not fit within our “box”; if you believe this is you, we’d love to see your resume!
Resumes/correspondence may be sent to: H. Scott Campbell.