Baptist Temple is seeking a full time Associate Pastor who will be responsible for developing, building, and overseeing our ministries to the next generation. We are looking for a candidate who is particularly passionate about and skilled in reaching and shepherding children. Additionally, this individual should have a heart for missions locally, nationally, and globally, and a desire to work with children from all socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds.
This individual will focus primarily on our children’s ministry (pre-K through 5th grade), and see himself as a pastor to the children. This will include:
- Weekly teaching
- Developing a strategy to carry out the vision of the church in children’s ministry
- Selecting sound and relevant curriculum
- Recruiting and training children’s ministry volunteers
- Working with Lead Pastor, staff, and other teams to plan and oversee children’s outreach and discipleship events (i.e. VBS, family fun day etc.)
- Providing training and resources to equip and encourage parents in discipling their children.
- Developing age-based learning goals for the spiritual development and discipleship of children.
Secondarily, this individual will:
- Oversee recruiting and training volunteers for youth ministry.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in pastoral responsibilities.
- Work alongside other church leadership to fulfill the vision of the church.
- Preach during main worship service on certain occasions.