The Discipleship Pastor will envision, lead, and develop the discipleship strategy of Bright Christian Church – assisting guests and members with growing deeper in a thriving relationship with Christ and Bright Christian Church.
- Coordinate the follow-up of first and second-time visitors.
- Coordinate the distribution and follow-up of new member materials.
- Coordinate the follow-up of connection card information by appropriate ministry leaders, ensuring a proper response is taken for requests of information, etc.
- Assimilate new people to BCC through various opportunities of volunteering, deeper learning, and community.
- Assist in mentoring Youth Minister.
- Serve as the point person of the Life Group Ministry.
- On-going recruitment and training of Life Group leaders who will lead groups of 14+/- individuals.
- Coordinate the disbursement of appropriate curriculum for Life Groups.
- Provide entry points and help people get into a Life Group, forming new groups when necessary.
The Discipleship Pastor is also expected to be involved in the following ministry areas.
- Preaching / participating from the platform in worship services, as needed.
- Teaching classes on a periodic basis.
- Making evangelistic calls on prospective visitors.
- Involved with disciple making, training, and mentoring others to rise to leadership level.
- Visiting with the church family in homes, hospitals, etc.
- Be available for counseling as needs arise.
- Conduct funeral services and wedding ceremonies, as needed.
- Cooperate with the elders, deacons, and staff members in promoting the entire ministry of Bright Christian Church.
- Be involved in leading ministry opportunities away from Bright Christian Church.
- Participate in special programs at Bright Christian Church.
- Support the works of ministries of the Bright Christian Church by practicing the Biblical model of stewardship of time, talents, and finances.
Responsible to: Lead Pastor
- Degree from a Restoration Movement Christian College
- 3-5 Years’ Experience in Ministry a Plus
- Background in Youth Ministry a Plus