Grove City College invites applicants for the position of Chaplain. Reporting to the President of the College, this position serves the Grove City College community in the areas of worship, discipleship, missions and pastoral care from a Christ-centered perspective. The Chaplain works closely with the President of the College and Vice-President of Student Life & Learning to nurture the spiritual formation of students, faculty and staff as well as overseeing the Chapel Ministries program for the campus.
Essential functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
*Advise the President on the spiritual life of the College through regular meetings and by serving as a member of the President’s leadership team.
*Lead the Chapel Ministries team and other staff who minister to the students, faculty, and staff of the Grove City College community.
* Provide vision and oversight to a regular schedule of biblically-based, Christ-Centered services, programs and ministry opportunities for the campus.
* Preach regularly at the weekly Sunday evening service.
* Provide pastoral care for Grove City College students in matters relating to their spiritual, emotional or social concerns, making appropriate referrals to and working in conjunction with the Zerbe Counseling Center as needed.
* Provide opportunities for the campus to study scripture together.
* Read and study to stay current on issues and concerns that apply to the physical, spiritual, mental and emotional needs of those learning and working in Christian higher education.
* Encourage staff, faculty, and administrators in an integrated/unified presentation of Christian discipleship associated with scholarship, living and learning at GCC.
* Represent Grove City College in the local community, throughout the country, and around the world through preaching, writing, pastoral care and consulting in a manner that exemplifies faithful obedience to God’s work and consistently models the mission and character of Grove City College.
* Work collaboratively with various departments and teams as necessary to perform the Chaplain’s duties and demonstrate the College’s values.
Requirements: The qualified applicant will have a minimum of Master of Divinity degree (or equivalent degree and ordination from their church tradition); a Doctoral degree is preferred. Must have five (5) years of experience working with college students in a campus or church setting. Must have well-developed communication and interpersonal skills and a high level of professional integrity, including evidence of the ability to deal effectively with faculty, staff, administrators, and students and to manage complex organizational tasks.
To Apply: Qualified applicants should send a current resume, names and contact information of four references (three professional and one pastoral), and a letter of interest that includes an explanation of how your Christian faith represents a strong fit with Grove City College’s unique mission as a Christian college to: President Paul J. McNulty at email@example.com. Review of applications commences immediately, and only applications received by January 31, 2020 will be assured full consideration.
Grove City College is a private educational institution noted for its academic excellence where scholarship is informed by Christian principles. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, non-job related disability, use of a guide or support animal, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other college-administrative programs.