East Lake Church is hiring a part-time Children’s Director who feels called by God to minister to children ages birth-5th grade. The qualifications for this position are exceptional relational and communication skills to connect children and their families to Jesus and East Lake Church. Building a strong connection with Young Days Christian Academy and its families will be important. This position will be 15 hours per week which may be expanded to 20 hours per week when more onsite events can safely be scheduled.
- Build meaningful relationships and strong connections with parents and their children
- Be well acquainted with age-level development and characteristics and needs of children in general and specifically in our geographical area of influence
- Develop and execute a virtual Kid’s Ministry
- Develop and execute a safe and relevant face to face Kid’s Ministry to include Sunday morning Kids Church
- Have a strong proficiency in technology to be able to communicate and distribute information through multiple sources-print, weekly electronic newsletter, video, and social media
- Plan and execute Chapel lessons for Young Days Christian Academy as well as various events throughout the year when safe to gather
- Work closely with the director and teachers of Young Days Christian Academy
- Recruit, train, equip and motivate volunteer leaders and teachers for Kid’s Ministry and events
- Oversee budget and expenditures for children’s ministries.
- Ensure the adherence to and periodic training of the Child and Youth Protection Policy.
- Supervise the children’s areas and equipment in regards to cleanliness to assure our church is a safe place for children and the adults
- Attend weekly staff meetings and meetings with the Senior Pastor
- A minimum of 3-year experience working with children or in children’s ministry required
- The Director of Children’s Ministry reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Compensation: $18-20/hour for approximately 15 hours/week to possibly expand to 20 hours/week
- The Director of Children’s Ministry is encouraged to participate in continuing education opportunities
- Please apply by November 15, 2020