River Oaks Baptist Church is seeking an individual for Children’s Minister. This full-time position will report to the Minister of Education. In the event the position of Minister of Education is vacant, the supervision of the Minister is delegated to the Personnel Committee. They shall have the principal responsibility for assisting the church in developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the overall ministry to children of the church.
A successful candidate will have:
- A mature, contagious Christian faith
- Nurturing love for children
- The ability to enlist and train workers that maximizes the teaching environment
- The creativity to provide fun activities for children and families
- The capability to offer support for parenting
- A willingness to engage with River Oaks Baptist School on a basis they see fit
- Confidence in their organizational and administrative skills
- Lead the Children’s Council to recommend and evaluate goals for the children’s ministry of the church.
- Plan and implement children’s activities and programs that will accomplish the children’s ministry goals.
- Recruit Sunday School teachers for each grade level class.
- Evaluate and determine curriculum to be used in the Christian education program of the church.
- Provide age appropriate worship experiences for children of the church through Children’s Church.
- Maintain close contact with teachers/workers to provide assistance and encouragement, and to schedule regular times for workers to share ideas, concerns and fellowship.
- Plan and implement an annual Vacation Bible School for our children.
- Extend the ministry of the church to River Oaks Baptist School through cooperative efforts of ministry that specifically relate to preschool and primary school families.
- Hire and oversee nursery workers to ensure that they are properly trained and perform required job duties.
- Delegate duties to children’s ministry assistant and oversee their job performance.
- Have annual outreach events for the children for Valentine’s Day, Easter, Promotion Sunday, and Christmas.
- Manage and promote Children’s Choir under the leadership of the Music Minister.
- Promote and lead milestone celebrations during worship, including Baby Dedications, 1st Grade Bible Presentation, and Baptism of children.
A cover letter and resume
Email this information to Christian Johns at [email protected] or
you may mail the information to: River Oaks Baptist Church, 2300 Willowick, Houston, TX, 77027