The Children’s Minister is responsible for all ministry involving children from
birth to fifth grade. In keeping with the mission of LCOC to make disciples
who “ Seek Him Constantly, Serve Him Faithfully, and Share Him Boldly, ”
the Children’s Minister will partner with parents in the spiritual development,
programming, and pastoral care for children.
● Recruit, train, equip and lead a team of Children’s Ministry volunteers.
● Serve as a primary teacher in Sunday morning programming for
● Develop a strategic plan of discipleship for children.
● Develop a plan, alongside the rest of the ministry staff, for family
outreach programs and events.
● Plan and execute key ministry events (Superstart, VBS, camps, etc.)
● Oversee online programming for children.
● Plan intentional activities to guide children and their families in
service of the church and community.
● Provide general pastoral care to kids and their parents.
● Partner with the Student Minister to ensure a healthy transition
between Children’s and Student Ministries
● Work with the ministry staff to provide training to equip families to
cultivate discipleship at home.
● Work with the Student Minister to choose/design curriculum that
aligns with the beliefs and vision of LCOC
● Oversee the church’s Preschool, as the Director of the Preschool
● A demonstrable love for Jesus and a lifestyle congruent with the
biblical requirements for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-13; 2 Timothy 2; Titus
● An understanding of and willingness to minister within the Lowell
Church of Christ’s mission, vision, values, and beliefs
● An established proficiency in ministry to children and their families
demonstrated by experience and affirmed by credible references
● A posture of humility and a dedication to continued learning and
● Proficiency in essential computer programs (Microsoft Office) as well
as a working knowledge of church specific computer programs.
● A commitment to excellence in all things.
● The Senior Minister
● Full time salary to be determined based upon experience and
● Salary package will be discussed during the interview process.
● Send resume, cover letter, a recent portrait, and a 1 page description
of your ministry vision to [email protected] with the subject:
Children’s Ministry Application
○ Please include links to any social media accounts you operate.
● Phone interviews will be conducted by both church leaders and
parents within the ministry.