This position is responsible to lead The Church at Quail Creek’s heartbeat towards children from birth to 5th grade. This person is responsible to help us as a church pursue children and their families with the love of Christ as passionately as possible.
● Oversee all areas of the Children’s Ministry.
● Provide support to the Kingdom Kids program and coordinate with the director as needed.
● Identify, invite, train and empower leaders to be a part of the Children’s Ministry.
● Serve as a primary Children’s leader and communicator for the church.
● Be the lead teaching voice within the Children’s Ministry.
● Invest in the lives of children and their parents by building relationships with them in the most effective way possible.
● Oversee weekly services, events, or classes for all age children through the help of your team of volunteers and staff.
● Meet with key staff and volunteers on a regular basis to evaluate Children’s Ministry health and effectiveness.
● Work within the Executive Structure to ensure Children’s Ministry works in harmony with other ministries to accomplish the Mission and Vision of the church.
● Within the Executive Structure, oversee and implement the Children’s Safety Plan.
● Attend staff meetings and prayer times as required.
● Follow all policies and procedures within the Employee Handbook.
● Assist in creating an annual budget for this ministry to be approved by the Finance Committee.
● Serve as a member of the Safety Committee of the church.
● Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
● Give faithfully toward the vision of The Church at Quail Creek.
● Be loyal to the vision and staff of The Church at Quail Creek and always protect the unity of the church.
● Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to The Church at Quail Creek.
● Always be learning to grow yourself personally to better serve at your role.
It is not the intent of this job description to be a complete list of duties. This position would be responsible for other
duties as assigned.