The Children’s Ministry Coordinator will launch a renewed ministry to children fifth grade and younger at New Life Baptist Church in Greencastle, IN. This ministry will enhance the existing children’s ministries in alignment with the vision and mission of the church, partnering with church families and reaching into the local community to provide children with the opportunity to learn about God through His Word.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct all aspects of Children’s Ministry, providing ongoing opportunities for children to learn about God and how to Worship, Serve and Grow spiritually through Jesus Christ.
- Prayerfully cast vision, plan strategically, and implement programming for the Children’s Ministry, including both internal and external programming, consistent with the vision and mission of the church. Ministerial oversight includes, but is not limited to: Sunday morning ministries, Sunday evening ministries, Vacation Bible School, outreach events, camp, and special events.
- Cultivate opportunities for children to be involved in missions both inside and outside the church.
- Develop ongoing relationships with families through personal contact (calls, texts, notes, emails, participation in events, crisis intervention, etc.).
- Develop ongoing relationships with ministry leaders
- Plan and administrate Children’s Ministry budget.
- Pray faithfully for the children, families, volunteers, and programming of New Life Children’s Ministries.
- Study and understand the spiritual and developmental needs of children, remaining up to date on new trends and opportunities in the field of Children’s Ministry.
- Prepare professionally for personal growth in ministry through approved conferences, reading and additional research.
- Represent children and their families before church staff and leadership.
- Provide adequate and continuous supervision of children during designated church activities.
- Research, choose and implement biblically based curriculums.
- Recruitment, training, mentoring, and retention of Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Creation, maintenance, and enforcement of appropriate health, safety and security guidelines as well as all other procedures for Children’s Ministry.
- Attend regular staff meetings and work cooperatively with church staff and leadership.
- Assist pastoral visitation for children/families in need.
- A passion for Christ and the ministry to which God has called you.
- Affirmation of the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 https://bfm.sbc.net/bfm2000/
- A minimum of a BS/BA degree or equivalent education/experience.
- A Master’s degree from a Theological Seminary or in Education would be a plus.
- Prior ministry experience would be a plus.
- Participation and familiarity with children’s ministry.
- Excellent organizational and people skills.
$40,000+ based on experience/education
If you would like to apply, please email us a cover letter and resume.