The Director provides vision and leadership to overall program development, coordination,
implementation, and direction to volunteers and other staff for the children’s ministries at Zion
Reformed Church from 3yr old through 5th grade.
• Manages overall organization, design, and oversight of children’s ministry.
• Overseas and manages the Leadership Development Pipeline of the Children’s ministry.
• Recruits, trains, leads, schedules, and provides direction to volunteers in all children’s programs, 3 years old through 5th Grade, either directly or through other lay leaders and staff.
• Plans, organizes, and leads the annual Children’s Christmas program.
• Lead or assist in planning one fun family event each quarter.
• Resource Team Coordinators to offer Equipping training at quarterly Leaders Meetings.
• Set-up activities for children for quarterly Leaders Meetings.
• Provide shepherding/pastoral care to volunteers and children as needed.
• Ensures communication of vision and regular events of the Children’s ministries to the congregation.
• Ensures visitors and new member children are intentionally assimilated into Children’s Ministries.
Specific Responsibilities (cont’d):
• Administrative duties:
• Coordinates yearly program calendar.
• Sees that facilities are appropriate for accomplishing ministry goals, working with Building and Grounds. This includes safety, functionality for programming, appeal to kids, appeal to parents, adequate amount of space, etc.
• Creates and oversees policies and procedures to provide a safe, quality environment for children, and administers Child Protection policies and procedures.
• Prepares and administers Children’s Ministries budget.
• Performs other responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
• Persevering in Difficulties (Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership)
• Evaluating Systems (Simple Church)
• Building Morale
• Employee and Volunteer Engagement
• Raising Up the Next Generation (Growing Young)
Starting Date: Immediate Requirement
Anyone interested in the position may email Jerrod Holzgen, chair of the search committee.