Overview of Children’s Ministry Intern Position
Our church is seeking to hire a part-time (15-20 hours a week) Children’s Ministry Intern to work with our volunteer Family Ministry Pastor and our office staff in the coordination of our Children’s Ministry. Tasks will mostly be administrative in nature and generally include: communication with parents and volunteers, adjusting weekly curriculum to our church’s values and needs, physically preparing lesson materials, scheduling Sunday volunteers, maintaining classrooms, and assisting in the planning and execution of Children’s Ministry events. Pay will be competitive at an hourly rate.
Length of Internship
We are targeting a length of one year, with some flexibility and beginning as soon as possible. At the conclusion of the internship period, there is potential to grow into a permanent position.
Children’s Ministry Intern: Qualifications
- A follower of Jesus who is committed to continual growth in relationship with Him.
- Will commit to regular attendance at VCC and dive into community life here.
- Has a heart to minister to and equip children and families to follow Jesus, with some prior experience teaching or volunteering in children’s ministry.
- Possesses a teachable disposition with good work ethic and committed to completing projects with excellence and punctuality.
- Has organizational skills necessary to keep projects and systems on track. (Can see the big picture as well as how details fit in.)
- A team player who places relationship and unity above personal ambition.
- Communicates with both clarity and grace, both verbally and in written form.
- Must be 18 years or older, provide reference from current pastor, and complete a background check.
Children’s Ministry Intern: Specific Job Responsibilities
- Adjust each week’s curriculum per our church’s values and needs
- Prep each week’s lesson materials for volunteer teachers
- Maintain classroom spaces and devices
- Communicate with and coordinate volunteers
- Weekly communication with parents
- Schedule volunteers on a quarterly basis
- Organize and coordinate quarterly volunteer meetings
- Assist in recruiting new volunteers and orient / train them
- Other administrative tasks as needed
Internship Learning Objectives
- To grow closer to Jesus as you serve and connect with our team, our children, and the broader church community.
- To learn new skills and tools as you gain operational experience in Children’s Ministry.
- To discover more about God’s gifts and purposes for your life.
- Additional objectives to be added on an individual basis and dependent upon the candidate’s interests and skills.
E-mail our Pastor of Operations and Equipping: Emily McCall. Tell us about yourself and why this position may be a good fit for you. Include at least one reference from your pastor.