1. Synopsis of Role:
To provide vision and leadership in all areas of children’s ministry; The Children’s Pastor will provide oversight to all children’s volunteers while carrying out the overall vision of Freedom Church.
2. Primary responsibilities are:
- To oversee children’s ministry
- Preach/Teach weekend elementary children’s services
- Develop and oversee volunteer leadership teams with a comprehensive yearly plan.
- Build/Develop a Speaking Team
- Develop and implement effective routine communication methods and patterns with parents
- Meet weekly one-on-one with the Executive Pastor and with Sr. Pastor as needed
- Attend all staff meetings when scheduled Maintain time for routine counseling with children and parents
- Oversee special events for children’s ministry (VBS, Trunk or Treat, Etc)
- Coordinate with children’s ministry volunteer leaders for effective event planning
- Support the vision of Freedom Church
- To properly handle broad impacting issues, confrontations, consistent problems, church discipline and/or volatile situations within the children’s ministry when needed with the goal of reconciliation, healing and understanding
- Any other responsibility deemed necessary by the Executive Pastor.
3. Required Skills and Job Complexity:
This position requires a Spirit-Filled Christian who relates well with people.
Job skills that are needed:
a) Unique Skills and Knowledge
• Leadership and management skills, to be well organized; able to make quality judgment calls and a team building mentality
• Proficiency in meeting task deadlines/timelines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Counseling experience and skills
• Skilled in crisis management
• Able to prioritize time
b) Problem Solving and Decision Making
• Solution oriented
• Positive attitude and positive approach to problem solving
• Brings all necessary materials to meetings, events, etc.
c) Relational Connections: • Congregation members, Freedom staff, and volunteers.
4.Competencies Critical to this Position:
a) Core Competencies Technical Competencies
Highly self-motivated, Initiator, visionary and goal, Self-manageable, Quick thinker and reactor, Detail focused, Effective people skills, Leadership ability, Pastoral and communication skills (• Counseling • Teaching
• Preaching • Leadership)
b) Technical Competencies Proficient in MS Office Suite for Meeting tasks / deadlines, Ability to learn Planning Center
5.Key Performance Measurements
• Routine oversight meetings with oversight
• Efficient and well thought out elementary services
• Successful implementation of yearly calendar, budget and goals
• Events are coordinated, planned and carried out effectively and
*This description is not all-inclusive, and other duties may be assigned
6. Educational Requirements:
Bachelors Degree or higher, and hold a ministerial license with the Assemblies of God.
Additional description details
Contact Jason Hirsch 737.802.5485