The Children’s Pastor (CP) will first and foremost live to glorify God and honor Him through excellence and servant leadership to the Grace Church family. The Children’s Pastor is an innovative leader who serves the parents of children, and children whose age range is birth through 6th grade. This person creatively brings to life the vision of revealing Jesus and Biblical truth to children, inspiring them to meet and follow Jesus, and developing the five basic traits of a disciple in their lives: Love God and His Word (the Bible), Talk with God (Prayer), Worship in community, Serve others before self, and Live Generously (time, talents, and treasure).
Major Areas of Responsibility:
1. Creates excitement and engagement in all children’s ministries, especially Sunday morning activities.
2. Partners with parents and engages children to lead them toward a personal relationship with Jesus and a Biblical worldview.
3. Reproduces himself in the other Grace Kids ministry leaders [e.g. Summer Camps, AWANA, VBS, etc.] and leads them toward an integrated implementation of the children’s ministry vision.
4. Engages Grace Kids teams with “Team Grace” ministry activities as requested.
5. Attend all staff and departmental meetings as requested.
Key Skills and Abilities:
1. Servant’s heart; Exhibits grace; Team player
2. Understands child development and the role of parents in disciplemaking.
3. Engages children in age-appropriate ways, allowing them to experience the love of Christ.
4. Equips and motivates parents and volunteers.
5. Exercises wisdom and good judgment when dealing with children, parents and/or volunteers.
6. Creative with effective organization, time management, and communication skills
7. Ability to function as a team member in a multi-staff church context