Reports to: Formations Pastor
Responsibility: Oversee and lead the Children’s Ministry of Johns Creek Baptist Church. This ministry addresses the unique needs of families with children from birth through fifth grade.
Education and Experience: Masters level (or greater) theological degree, and a minimum of 5 years experience in congregational ministry and Baptist life.
- Responsible for developing and executing a clear vision for children’s ministry that is in healthy alignment with the overall vision of Johns Creek Baptist Church.
- Responsible for identifying, recruiting and training adult volunteers so that they are equipped and empowered to serve the unique needs of children’s ministry.
- Responsible for organizing and implementing programs that meets the particular spiritual, developmental, and social needs of children at each of the various stages of growth. These programs include (but are not limited too): Children’s Sunday School, Children’s Choirs, Children’s mission opportunities, VBS, Summer Camps, Preschool and Children’s Worship Experiences.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting an annual budget for Children’s Ministry needs and administering the approved budget according to church policy.
- Responsible for collaborating as a part of a team with other gifted ministers on staff to nurture comprehensive and cohesive faith development throughout the lifespan.
- Responsible for actively participating in weekly staff meetings for the purpose of vision-tending, ministry-strategy, team building and spiritual formation.
- Responsible for serving as the primary Pastoral liaison to the JCBC Weekday Preschool Program, working closely with the director to ensure clear communication and appropriate use of facilities and resources
- Responsible for the upkeep of all equipment, supplies and resources for optimum use in ministry.
- Demonstrates a sincere love for children and a passion for ministry to their families.
- Demonstrates both spiritual and relational warmth, as well as emotional maturity.
- Demonstrates evidence of a well-nurtured interior life.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the developmental journey of children, physically, emotionally, socially and spiritually.
- Demonstrates a passion and gift for teaching and nurturing faith with children.
- Demonstrates a keen and intuitive understanding of the dynamics of congregational life.
- Demonstrates the ability to be a team player, with capacity to work cooperatively with gifted and competent colleagues toward a common goal.
- Demonstrates good decision-making abilities, able to make the tough call, while maintaining healthy relationships with peers as well as those being supervised.
- Demonstrates exceptional organizational ability, leading a wide array of gifted adult volunteers to carry out the work of ministry.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills.