New Life Assembly is a vibrant, multi-generational church with a passion to raise up Christ followers. We realize this begins with our children, and we place a high value on our kid’s ministry. The ideal candidate needs to be passionate about life, and enjoy a fast paced, fun atmosphere in which to work. This individual will be directly responsible for leading the Children’s Ministry at New Life Assembly Church in Petrolia, Ontario.
Responsibilities include Sundays, midweek programming, and special events. The Children’s Pastor will be directly responsible to the Lead Pastor.
– Profess faith in the Lord God and spend regular time talking with Him and reading His Word.
– Continue to grow spiritually and professionally through reading, listening to training resources, taking classes and attending conferences and seminars.
– To personally pursue a maturing relationship with Jesus Christ and to set a Christ-like example in words and actions for the children and adults.
– To oversee the Children’s Ministry at New Life Assembly. This may include oversight for other paid departmental staff, interns and summer students.
– To develop Sunday morning programming to reach each child on their level.
– Evangelism – Share the love of Jesus with the children of our church and community.
– Growth – a goal to see every child actively growing in their faith. – To oversee the Children’s Ministry Team, volunteers and interns. To enlist, train, resource and encourage adult/student leadership to lead Sunday morning, Wednesday Slam, serve as camp counselors, and partner with parents.
– To encourage and motivate the children in a growing commitment and connection to the body of Christ and an expanding contribution to the mission of Christ. We are a multi-generational church that wants to impact our world!
– To help parents be involved in the spiritual formation of their child’s life.
– To make decisions on the most effective programs to impact our children.
– To annually develop and oversee the Children’s Ministry budget so it effectively and wisely utilizes church resources and maximizes ministry opportunity.
– Participate in staff meetings, providing up-to-date information about ministry.
– Keep the Lead Pastor thoroughly informed of staff accomplishments, concerns and future plans.
– Maintain excellent relationships and open communication with all staff.
– Participate regularly in weekend worship programs.
– Perform baptisms, weddings, funerals, hospital visits, pulpit supply and counselling as necessary.
– Serve in outreach events and within other ministries as part of the New Life Assembly Pastoral Team.
– Theological Degree and/or experience working in, and leading ministry to children.
– Must be a team player and enjoy working with people, and most of all children.