Renew Church LA is a multi-ethnic, urban, Spirit-filled, and gospel-centered church that is involved in impacting our city. We’re a 5-year old church plant that has grown rapidly in the last few years to 600 people on a Sunday morning. We are moving from a mid-sized to large-sized church and looking for experienced personnel who can add value to our teams as we transition our systems, processes, and infrastructure to match our growth and position us for the next season.
The best fit for this role is someone who has 4 to 6 years experience in this field, a quick learner, a team player, and someone who takes initiative and gets things done. They have a strong work ethic and are highly motivated to see change takes place. They have a sense of humor, loves Jesus and the Church, and are excited to be part of creating a healthy and thriving organizational culture.
The Children’s Director will lead all Renew Kids (“RK”) ministry programs, activities, and childcare operations. The director will partner with the Lead Pastor and Executive Pastor to develop and conduct children’s ministry curriculum, church and holiday event activities, and summer fellowship programs. This leader will serve as a role model for the church’s mission, demonstrate the highest levels of compassion and ethics, and contribute to the growth of the ministry. This role will manage and produce all RK communications, leverage social media and website content, and coordinate community service projects. The director will lead the RK staff, organize volunteers, and coordinate with peer leaders. They are passionate about kids, love working with families, and can lead volunteers effectively.
Education and Programming
- Oversees all RenewKids ministry and ensures continuity and a level of excellence within RenewKids curriculum, RenewKids experiences, and RenewKids programming for ad hoc church events.
- Develops and supports RenewKids operations/events including, parent volunteers, and special events. Collaborates with Marriage and Family ministry.
- Oversees scope and sequencing of curriculum throughout RenewKids, applying relevant content and education strategies.
- Manages RenewKids staff, providing support & training, development, and feedback to ensure consistency, quality, and effectiveness. Leads RenewKids staff meetings.
- Recruit, onboard, and train a strong team of volunteers.
- Rallies parents to participate and become integrally involved in the spiritual formation of their children.
- Goes beyond moral teaching by creating a spirit-filled environment for the children.
- Run a VBS during the summer.
- Oversees RenewKids social media and website content.
- Oversees weekly volunteer and parent newsletters.
- Maintains RenewKids philanthropic drive, coordinating with broader church efforts.
- Provides Sunday AM ministry support from 7:30 AM – Noon, 1:00 – 2:00 PM, including RK Check In/Check Out, morning huddle, and floater coverage.
- Actively participates in New Family welcome activities.
- Refers volunteers to appropriate pastor and/or ministry for spiritual support
- Maintains all electronic equipment used on Sundays (iPads, printers, laptops).
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of four years’ experience in leading children’s ministry programming for mid to large sized church.
- Capacity to preach effectively to children of different age groups
- Bachelor’s degree in education, theology, or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Possesses high degree of comfort and skill working with computer hardware, including tablets, printers, and laptops.
- Experience posting information on various social media outlets and websites.
- Detail-oriented and effective working in a fast-paced, team-focused ministry environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.