Sioux Falls First is a multi-cultural, multi-generational church whose mission is to lead people into a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ in our community and globally through missional ministries. We are a church of 850+ seeking a full-time Children’s Pastor who can lead life change in our SFF Kid’s ministries from birth to fifth grade. We believe that a thriving SFF Kid’s ministry is necessary for reaching and growing children and their families. The primary responsibility of the Children’s Pastor will be to lead and grow the SFF Kid’s ministry team as well as collaborate extensively with all SFF Youth pastors and ministry leaders, providing a foundation to a generation that grows in their faith and relationship with Jesus Christ. The ideal Children’s Pastor will possess a self-motivated attitude and will lead the SFF Kid’s ministry in a way that is in tune with the Holy Spirit and as such is presence based. The Children’s Pastor will be a strong leader who is accustomed to both leading and developing teams and individuals and will act as the primary pastor for the SFF Kid’s ministry and early childhood teams. The ideal candidate will bring the SFF Kid’s ministry to a new level of excellence through strategy, oversight and organization.
Personal and Spiritual qualifications:
* Be able to express a personal salvation experience of faith in Jesus Christ
* Must have integrity, high moral values, and be able to express a “genuine call” to serve God and His church in this particular capacity
* Meet qualifications as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7
* At least 3 years of ministry related experience
* A high level of motivation and personal accountability
* Follows the Biblical model of stewardship through tithing
* A team player with a high energy level and readiness, and a positive attitude
* Exemplify great interpersonal skills with beginning with excellent communication
* Must have the ability to plan, budget, delegate, and meet deadlines on time
* Must be in full agreement with the doctrine and teachings of the Assemblies of God
* Credentialing with Assemblies of God is preferred, but not required at start of position
* Develop a magnetic volunteer culture which includes discipleship and pastoral care of SFF Kids ministry teams, kids and parents and compels people to be a part of the vision for SFF Kids
* Oversee all SFF Kids ministries from 0-12 which includes collaborating with coordinators, early childhood director and SFF Youth ministries regularly.
* Plan, develop and implement the corporate children’s gatherings in collaboration with pastoral team which will include relevant teaching, passionate worship and response time.
* Oversee safety procedures at SFF Kids including background checks and maintaining our kids check-in system.
* Coordinate 2-3 kids/family outreaches throughout the year
* Prioritize missions among kids and families using BGMC as a primary focus
* Oversee mid-week kids’ ministry and programs