Bethel UCC is seeking a part-time Christian Education Director to better serve our youth, their friends and youth of our surrounding communities. This Christian Educator is the first formal position of its kind in Bethel’s history but strongly supported by volunteers and parents who are currently leading Bethel Youth Ministry. The Christian Educator will work closely with our Pastor, Youth Task Force, Board of Christian Education, Sunday School Coordinator, and volunteers.
Primary Responsibility, Youth Ministry (7th-12th grade):
* Disciple Bethel Youth and their friends by providing opportunities to share, learn, and spend time together while building a community that rejoice in their relationship with Jesus Christ
* Develop a positive relationship with our youth in a safe environment following guidelines of our Safe Church policy.
* Oversee, plan and delegate volunteers to facilitate/chaperone youth events/retreats which currently meet once a month in conjunction with Youth Task Force.
* Attend all youth ministry events/gatherings
* Connect with parents by conducting parent meetings as needed, corresponding with timely emails.
* Coordinate communication of youth ministry events/meetings.
office@BethelOnTheHill.orgAssess youth interests/needs to best serve our youth.
Secondary Responsibility, Sunday School (preschool-8th grade):
* Presence during Sunday School assembly following Sunday morning worship.
* Collaborate with Pastor in curriculum development.
Position’s Future Goals:
* Coordinate intergenerational educational events for our congregation.
* Guide Sunday school teachers in conjunction with Sunday School Coordinator.
* Coordinate events/fellowship with other community youth ministry groups.
* Attend weekly staff meetings when required.
* Submit monthly newsletter articles about Youth Ministry at Bethel.
* Provide bimonthly report on youth activities to Youth Task Force.
* Knowledge of faith development and acceptance of all people.
* Experience on Church staff or leadership experience in a church or youth organization.
* Goal oriented and a self-starter who encourages an ever evolving relationship with Jesus Christ.
* Strong Administrative and leadership skills.
* Ability to read music (preferred not required).
* Associates degree minimum or actively pursuing higher education (preferred, not required).
* Ability to lead small group worship/assembly.
* CPR/First Aid certified (may obtain after hire).
* Safe Church training.
* Dedicated Youth ministry room.
* Monthly expense budget.
* Mentorship from designated lay person(s) with experience in Christian Education at Bethel.
Weekly Time Commitment
* 10-15 hours per week. May fluctuate based on scheduled events. Scheduled hours are flexible and may include Sundays, programming hours, meetings and regularly scheduled youth ministry meetings. Hours may reduce/flex in summer months depending on events/retreats.
This position does not provide health benefits.
Salary is commensurate with experience, education, and hours engaged in service