The Church Engagement Officer is a church relationship manager whose primary responsibility is to visit with local churches to deepen engagement with the denomination. The Church Engagement Officers work collaboratively with the conference and the denomination to advance the goals and objectives of 3StrandStrong. This advancement professional will cultivate and shepherd a portfolio of churches to strengthen their partnership and engagement with the mission, that leads to an increase in church giving.
The Church Engagement Officer will navigate a wide range of church giving perspectives from across the Covenant and represent, articulate, coach and encourage the denomination’s percentage giving recommendation.
- Facilitate and strengthen the engagement of Covenant leaders and their church constituency in a manner that increases church support to the denomination.
- Resource advancement team and Covenant Executive Board members through engagements in strategic and leadership meetings/committees.
- Assist with the analytics and improvement strategies of 3StrandStrong efforts.
- In collaboration with the Advancement, develop marketing and communication strategies for 3StrandStrong that increase awareness and engagement.
- Maintain communication with an assigned portfolio of churches through correspondence, telephone, video conference, and visits, as deem appropriate. Visit 75 churches annually in an assigned geographic area.
- Contribute to church engagement efforts by sharing intellectual capital gained through local church and denominational experience to inspire and impact the success of the 3.
- Collaborate with Advancement to accomplish the overall team’s financial targets and goals.
- Participate in Mission Advancement team meetings, annual advancement planning process, including budgeting, goal setting and evaluation.
- Speak, teach and preach in Covenant churches and conferences on behalf of the
- denomination as requested. At times, respond to speaking invitations related to congregational stewardship.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Advancement and/or President.
Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience
Required: Covenant Credential and a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the local church and/or advancement organization. A deep knowledge of and ability to speak about Covenant mission and ministry that inspires giving. A deep understanding of the Covenant’s culture of generosity. Proven fundraising experience.
- Pastoral and/or lay tenure with experience in local church or organizational operations/relations.
- Exceptional communicator to various constituent groups such as local church leaders’, denominational leaders and superintendents.
- Ability to demonstrate a mature understanding of the best practices of developing a culture of generosity throughout the Covenant.
- Proactive & independent approach to all duties and responsibilities related to scheduling, execution and follow up of church visits. Understanding and skilled on MOVES Management.
- Ability to build relationships, lead people, and get results through others.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in a remote work environment.
- Ability to respond to and deal with a range of ad hoc queries/requests.
- Ability to operate with discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent management and people skills to embrace diversity of schedules, backgrounds, formats, contexts, etc.
- Displays passion and optimism. Inspires respect and trust. Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision, goals and outcomes.
- Effectively influences actions of others. Fosters quality focus in others.
- Keen communication, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter and seasoned entrepreneurial skills.
Able to work works in remote locales, on occasion work in professional office setting. Travel frequently, both domestically and internationally. Must be versatile and able to work for prolong segments sitting or standing. Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone, web-conferencing equipment, cell communication, printers, etc. Must be able to occasionally lift or move items, less than 35lbs.