The Account Manager is responsible to the church, under the direction of the Promotions Director for management of the promotions-related functions of the Communications Ministry for his/her assigned campus(es) or ministries of the church. Primary responsibility lies in management of client “accounts,” providing consultation for their projects and promotional initiatives as requested of the Communication Ministry; also, to facilitate planning and implementation of major messages and message channels of the campuses.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
Account Management duties include:
Initial consult with client designed specifically to do one or more of the following:
* Clearly define actual scope of the promotion by helping client to answer tough questions. (e.g. – “What exactly do you want vs. what do you need”)
* Work out broad cost estimates if necessary.
* Prompt for and collect key details (point person, approver, key deadlines)
* Manage expectations of deliverables based on current climate (resources, existing messages, client responsibilities, etc.)
* When appropriate, offer other team-preferred alternatives that more closely meet Communications standards as determined by team leadership.
* Work with Creative Director to facilitate appropriate creative consults between client and Creative Services.
* Work with Communications Assistant to ensure effective management of project initiation/identification and needs, milestones, and deliverables.
* Ensure that clients are kept abreast of project status through regular communication.
* Handling tense or unpleasant situations as they arise (as directed by or in collaboration with Internal Promotions Director and/or Communications Minister).
* Collaborate closely with the Administrative Assistant with respect to project assignments and support and then appropriately assume and execute project details.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
* Regularly participate in weekly staff meetings at the assigned campus(es) to determine communication priorities for the week and assist in their message management.
* Manage client expectations of deliverables based on current climate (resources, existing messages, client responsibilities, etc.)
* Work with Communications Assistant and Creative Director to strategically break projects into manageable pieces, determine assignments to be made to the production team, and follow the project through to completion.
* Assist with follow/up or post-project debriefs and evaluations.
* Collaborate with Creative/Digital Strategy Director and Digital Content Manager to provide social media strategy, management and support.
* Collect and post campus-specific news stories to and update and refresh the assigned campus(es) web sites.
* As related to assigned campus(es) support the Communications Minister in public relations efforts to align internal and external messages.
* Complete other duties as assigned by the Communications Minister, Internal Promotions Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
A thorough knowledge and skill set with marketing strategies and practices in traditional and non-traditional media.
* Must possess a diplomatic approach to client relations while maintaining procedural standards.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Understanding of data management.
* Must possess organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Must be punctual and confidential.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the fields of communications, marketing, and/or project management.