Idlewild seeks a detail-oriented, strong communicator to execute church communications. The
Communications Coordinator will report to the Director of Operations and Communications.
The Communications Coordinator will be responsible for execution of the weekly and specialty
bulletins, print media, website updates, and social media. This position will require flexible
● Implement communications plan.
● Execute website design, content, and maintenance.
● Plan and manage ongoing messaging and communication strategies such as social media,
● Assist with event-related communications and planning.
● Execute weekly e-newsletter and other communications as scheduled
● Social media
● Video content
● A resource for Realm training
● Bachelor’s degree (Communications or marketing preferred)
● 3+ years of directly related work experience
● Experience with church communications a plus
● Familiarity with Word Press, Canva, Constant Contact, and Realm is a plus
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
● Ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple deadlines and tasks
● Ability to perform repetitive tasks without supervision
● Keen attention to detail
● Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and strong interpersonal skills
● Ability to learn new technology quickly
● Team-oriented, professional work style
The ideal candidate will be:
● highly motivated, positive and entrepreneurial minded.
● a team player who is energetic, flexible and proactive.
● willing to work with a small team in a collaborative, fast-paced, creative environment.
● able to take a job from conception to completion and open to doing whatever it takes to
get the job done.