Title: Communications Director Reports to: Senior Pastor Employment Status: Exempt
Summary of Position
Supervisory position that oversees the overall visual and social messaging of North Heights, including creating consistency of brand and narrative for all print, graphic design, web, ads, and social media.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Oversees the engaging, creative, accurate and timely maintenance of North Heights website for both external and internal visitors.
• Oversees the content and production of promotional messaging, ensuring accuracy, compelling formatting and consistent language—including all promotional materials, bulletin, emails, social media and others as needed.
• Facilitates clear and concise verbal announcements for all weekend worship services.
• Write and oversee production of video announcements for weekend worship services.
• Write and co-author weekly emails, congregational letters and presentations for the Senior Pastor and other important communications to the congregation through all platforms.
• Create an internal and external communications strategy that results in an engaged congregation with new people curious about what’s happening at North Heights.
• Collaborate with the Associate Pastor for Disciple-making and other team members on communication tactics to engage the congregation and encourage outreach efforts.
• Supervises communications staff and collaborates with other ministries to assure consistent brand and narrative in all promotional materials.
• Develops and encourages leadership development of the communications staff.
• Coordinate all North Heights website and social media platforms to ensure effective congregational and community communications.
• Guide people to take their next step toward spiritual maturity.
• Establish and manage measurable quarterly goals that are in alignment with our Vision
• Adhere to staff core values
• Adheres to the Constitution and Bylaws of North Heights
• Performs other duties as assigned that further the vision of North Heights
Qualifications, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Belief that Jesus is the one and only Son of God and the only name that can save a human being. Be filled with the Holy Spirit and demonstrate the use of spiritual gifts.
• A good grasp of the Bible and a belief that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
• Previous leadership experience with executive level leaders of an organization in the areas of communications.
• A strong ability to serve others and a history of demonstrating strong servant leadership.
• A teachable spirit.
• Ability to multi-task effectively.
• Writing and editing experience
• Organized record-keeping and other work habits.
• Web design proficiency and successful implementation of social media strategies.
• Able to communicate on multiple levels, from social media to print media.
• A passion to see people come to faith in Jesus and grow in their walk with Jesus as they reach out to others.
• A proven track record of being a team leader with strong inter-personal skills.
• All content and materials produced by staff (paid and unpaid) are high-quality, with branding and narrative consistent with the vision and direction of North Heights.