The Communications Director is responsible for the creation and implementation of a strategic, multi-faceted communications program focused on brand alignment and management supporting our mission and vision. This individual must develop and maintain program guidelines/policies and ensure quality control for communications, media activities and special events. This role will oversee the day to day production of communication elements (social, web, print, email, etc.) either directly or through the communications team.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
• Five years of communications and/or public relations experience
• Experience developing effective communication strategies and campaigns that deliver organizational results
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills including abilities to negotiate ideas, resolve conflict and build and teams
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment while meeting varying deadlines
• Proficiency in design and communication related tools, program and various medias
• Ability to work collaboratively across Wooddale ministries, departments, and campuses
• Endorse and support the Church Covenant and Statement of Faith
• Evidence and understanding of commitment to New Testament fellowship, discipleship and evangelism
• Must be a member of Wooddale Church
• Develop a strategic communications plan that aligns and drives Wooddale’s mission and vision
• Develop and execute a plan for effectively reaching those who are not yet at Wooddale to bring them in as guests. This includes external marketing, social media, website/online content, as well as internal promotional strategies.
• Strategize to identify and measure effectiveness in reaching target markets
• Understand, relate and contextualize content to both internal and external audiences for all campus locations
• Oversee the production of all communications and marketing internally, externally and for sermon series including managing the weekly deliverables and deadlines of team
• Drive strategic brand alignment for Wooddale, Lydia’s, Seven Corners Coffee, WeAreFor, and other brands associated with Wooddale Church.
• Develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion and promote Wooddale
• Oversees the development and maintenance of our organizational websites including message delivery, ease of navigation, and clarity of information while ensuring all content is current and relevant
• Provide communication support for church and ministry events including print, digital and social campaigns to drive increased attendance, membership, participation in the discipleship process and guest engagement
• Manage campus and ministry relationships and work closely with all campus locations to execute an effective communication process and media campaign
• Recruit, train, and deploy a team of volunteers to assist with communications needs (i.e. editing, writing, etc.)
• Report to Executive Pastor-Ministry
• Manages Communications team
• Relates to Pastors, Directors and Managers
• Coordinates with support staff
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK & TRAVEL
This position requires long hours and consistent weekend work. It also requires the ability to regularly commute and work at the Eden Prairie campus in addition to our other locations.
We use E-verify to verify employment eligibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer