The Ministry Mechanics are excited to partner with MTV Church to fill an available Connections Minister position. MTV Church is a growing, modern church of approximately 500 located in the beautiful community of Columbus, MS, just outside of Starkville. They have a great facility and are looking for the right leader to further develop their worship ministry. This is a great opportunity for a gifted leader! are passionate about showing God’s love with no strings attached!
Check out a video of the MTV Church experience here.
Think you might be the right person for the job?
Send your resume to [email protected].
To oversee the assimilation process and growth group ministry for a fast-growing church in Columbus, MS. This is a full-time, salaried position.
The primary role of the Connections Minister is to empower people to go from lost to found and from found to deep in their walk with Christ.
You are a gifted networker and system builder. You are a relentless recruiter. You love getting people connected to their calling and seeing them explore their faith journey and take their next step. You have passion for the systems that allow for growth and depth both personally and organizationally.
Primary Connections Minister Responsibilities:
- Bring the vision of Mt Vernon Church to life: lead people to know God, show His love, and grow with others
- Oversee our process for CONNECTING 1st-time guests to their next steps
- Ensure that all guests receive excellent follow-up and care – including follow-up with everyone who accepts Christ as their Savior
- Facilitate our Next Steps orientation, encouraging attenders to join a small group, serve with a ministry team, and participate in community outreach
- Build relationships to assess, advise and direct a person’s appropriate next steps
- Coordinate our ministry teams for CONNECTING people to serving others
- Recruit, train, motivate, communicate with, and appreciate all volunteers within the First Impressions teams (Parking, Greeting, Hosts, Welcome Center, Café stands, Ushers)
- Coordinate First Impressions teams to be fully staffed and effective on Sunday mornings
- Identify deficiencies in our systems and develop innovative methods for improvement to take the Mt Vernon connection systems to the next level
- Schedule and supervise at First Impressions team volunteers as needed for special events
- Facilitate our group ministry for CONNECTING people to grow with others
- Recruit, lead, and equip group leaders and coaches. Constantly breathe the vision of Mt Vernon into the hearts of our leaders
- Develop groups that facilitate spiritual growth for all demographics and maturity levels