Join a strong ministry staff team that seeks to reach the lost and grow disciples who will joyfully pursue the patterns, priorities, and purpose of Jesus!
Purpose – To serve Woodland Park Baptist Church and to grow the Kingdom through member assimilation and discipleship development using Sunday School, ministry outreach teams, and missions participation.
Strategic Planning and Leadership [15%]
- Support the Senior Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning and partnership with staff and ministry leaders.
- Provide input in vision casting and goal setting.
- Help define strategic goals and vision as a key leader among staff and ministry leaders.
- Assist the staff in developing new ministry programs, as directed by the Holy Spirit, so that WPBC is appropriately responsive to identified needs and church growth.
- Design and take lead on strategy for guest follow up and engagement.
Pastoral and Miscellaneous Duties [5%]
- Other pastoral or administrative duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Serve as a member of the Pastor On Call as needed.
- Teach in the absence of pastors, leaders, or teachers.
- Participate in various parts of the worship services and events.
Sunday School and other Groups [50%]
- Provide leadership and develop strategy for all Sunday School and small group ministry of WPBC
- Meet with Sunday School leadership to communicate vision, receive feedback, and support progress of group development.
- Continually promote Sunday School as the connecting point for the WPBC church family and provide a clear entry path for those new to the church.
- Ensure that all printed and online material for Sunday School and other groups are up to date.
- Develop and track Sunday School budget with Pastor and Finance Committee.
- Develop Sunday School calendar.
- Equip Sunday School ministry for purposes of assimilation, discipleship, and ministry.
- Organize and implement new Sunday School classes.
- Contact leaders to ask for information or provide encouragement, provide lists of potential class members to leaders, find appropriate groups for potential members, order curriculum.
- Train and work closely with the Nominating Committee in selecting and enlisting qualified leaders for the educational program.
- Serve as a resource and liaison for committees related to the educational program.
- Work with age group ministers (Children and Youth) to plan annual Promotion Sunday.
- Develop educational/training projects as needed
- Lead in choosing and securing the most suitable educational and curriculum materials available.
- Assign space and resources as needed for strategic Sunday School growth
- Coordinate and facilitate non-Sunday School groups, such as Community Ministry Groups (DivorceCare, GriefShare and Financial Peace) and Men’s and Women’s Ministry.
- Organize and implement new non-Sunday School groups for outreach and discipleship as opportunities arise.
- Plan and coordinate external “serve” events, including an annual church wide event in our community
- Coordinate with Missions Committee and other existing ministry teams enhance hands on ministry efforts by Woodland Park Baptist Church outside our walls
- Use community ministry to do outreach to the lost and unchurch and to engage church family in deeper faith and fellowship.
- Grow a global missions perspective in staff and church leaders.
- Challenge, motivate and recruit others for involvement in missions.
- Connect with missions pastors and missions executives from other churches and organizations.
- Develop short- and long-range goals for missions.
- Encourage new ideas and ministries that will stimulate the missions vision of the church.
- Recruit, train, and mobilize lay leaders for involvement in missions