The Coordinator of Events & Volunteer Services will produce internal and external events from conception through to completion. This staff person will also develop, establish, implement and maintain space marketing strategies to meet the Church’s vision and goals. The Coordinator will serve as the primary contact person for recruiting, training, and coordinating volunteers for Church events and programs.
• Lead the scheduling and production of special, Non-Sunday worship, events for the Horizon Sanctuary and Banquet Hall (i.e. Weddings, family reunions, and community workshops). This will entail,
o Being engaged in some level of planning for the events
o Serving as a member of the team that oversees Ebenezer’s Master Calendar
• Refining and digitizing the intake forms and processes for all events, and meet with prospective clients and vendors to determine best practices for each event. This will include; negotiating and securing payments, managing service charges, and overseeing the customizing of event menus.
• Prepare and adhere to budgets.
• Manage and coordinate with Ebenezer’s facilities, kitchen/catering, security and other necessary staff related to internal and external events.
• Oversee the development and production for key projects and events by way of negotiating and drafting agreements with vendors (i.e. Sound techs, caterers, &c.), procuring supplies and equipment, and managing specialty committee(s) dedicated to the applicable project and/or event.
• Follow up with clients to ensure event and client satisfaction to support our brand image. This includes:
o Creating and implementing a space marketing plan that leads to a win-win strategic partnership between the Ebenezer Baptist Church, corporations and organizations
o Providing promotional opportunities for company products and services in exchange for financial and product support to Ebenezer
o Developing and managing promotional planning and strategic marketing campaign.
o Negotiating and securing corporate sponsorships and partnerships.
• Be responsible for leading and maintaining Church-wide volunteer programs. This includes:
o Assessing the volunteer needs of our various ministry programs and events
o Developing a volunteer onboarding process that includes volunteer qualifications, applications, background screens, interview, selection, ministry descriptions, and job descriptions
o Developing and managing a volunteer assignment tracking system
o Recruitment, orientation, training, scheduling and volunteer recognition events
o Developing standard operating procedures for volunteer services
o Encouraging volunteer participation by publicizing volunteer opportunities during announcements in worship, weekly bulletin, occasional direct mailings, and having a volunteer table set up in the lobby on Sundays to answer questions and take sign-ups.
• Manage the budgets for special event production and volunteer coordinations. This includes:
o Coordinating, with the Finance office, event charges and billing to customers
o Provide information to the Comptroller/CFO for annual budgets (revenue and expenses)
o Managing budgets in a manner that minimally “breaks even” and potentially generates revenue
This position will supervise Church volunteers.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are scheduled as needed to facilitate events.
Some travel is expected for this position inside and outside Metropolitan Atlanta Georgia.
Required Education and Experience
• Business or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualification with at least 3 years or more of experience in the field or in a related area.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Proven experience as an events planner or organizer and customer service
• Impressive portfolio of previously managed events (weddings, meetings, parties, corporate events)
• Excellent time management and communication skills
• Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships.
• Ability to establish and foster exemplary relationships with staff/non-staff workers, church membership, business partners, community-at-large and family.
• Experience creating digitally-based organizational systems
• Ability to manage multiple projects independently
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Experience in developing and managing marketing strategies
• Proven experience in customer and market research
• Relevant product and industry knowledge
• Experience with relevant software applications
• Experience working with diverse teams in the successful implementation of events
• Communicates effectively both orally and in writing
• Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and manage many projects simultaneously
• Customer and client-focused
• Ability to be flexible and results driven
• Ability to work well with others and be a team player
• Ability to follow written and verbal direction
• Strong Computer skills are imperative (MS Windows, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), and ability to learn other software.
• A strategic planner with an ability to analyze and solve problems
• Persuasive and creative
• Exhibits good judgment and decision-making
• Able to maintain confidentiality
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. The employee is expected to perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and/or Executive Pastor. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.