One Sentence Job Description: Facilitates encounters with the Living God where people leave with the hope of the gospel echoing within them!
Ministry Ladder Level: Pastor/Director
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Supports: 70+ volunteers, Creative Arts Assistant, Prayer Coordinator, Communications Strategist, Production Director.
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
Hours/General Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Thursday, weekends
1.) Core Functions:
• GATHER (Create worship environments where people will want to gather.)
o Facilitate all aspects (audio/visual, multimedia, equipment, lighting, and stage décor, and programming) of corporate gatherings (worship, prayer, special events) and build plans in PCO.
• GROW (Equip the people in your ministry area to grow closer to God and his purpose for their lives)
o Build the Creative Arts teams in both numerical size and in maturity.
o Grow leaders within your ministry areas.
• GIVE (Help make TMC the best place to give a life-changing dollar)
o Demonstrate the spirit of generosity in the way you value people and their time.
• SERVE (Provide opportunities for people to use their gifts to serve in meaningful ways within the Creative Arts Ministries)
o Shepherd the people serving in Creative Arts Ministry Teams.
o Participate in Teaching Team meetings to enhance the message development and alignment of the weekend gatherings.
o Student Ministry – partner with Next Gen Pastor to provide coaching and mentorship for student ministry worship leaders
o Participate in “all church” events that occur throughout the year.
• SHARE (Inspire others to share their faith in ways people will listen)
o Be a disciple who makes disciples equipped to make disciples.
o Develop strategies and oversee attractional outreach events that are designed to encourage people to come gather at TMC.
a. Creative Arts Specific
o Degree in Music Theory or related area; ministry degree preferred
o 3-5 years of experience leading in a church of 700+
o Proven ability to connect theology to overall worship experience
o Excellent vocal skills with mastery of a chosen instrument
o Experience with applications such as Pro Presenter, Planning Center Online, Ableton, and Church Community Builder
o General knowledge of soundboards and other audio equipment
o Must be familiar and comfortable with the current style of songs TMC uses with willingness and flexibility to adjust song/music styles as needed
o Basic graphic design, video creation & editing skills
o Basic knowledge of set & lighting design, and media production (including live streaming of gatherings)
o Executes vision in ministry area in creative, problem solving ways and understands how it aligns with greater TMC vision
o Connects with people at a heart level (curious, high emotional intelligence, spiritually warm)
o Develops others through biblical counsel and movement towards ministry
o Delegates important ministry to others and some leadership decisions to key team members
o Addresses and resolves conflict well
o Develops people through a leadership pathway in their ministry area
3.) Culture (in addition to all TMC statements and axioms)
• We value spiritual, emotional, and physical health.
• We are a team of hard-working, self-starters who value and enjoy teamwork and collaboration (we don’t build any silos).
• We dream big and create an environment of grace.
• We value authenticity and humility where we encourage people to be themselves and celebrate the achievements of others.
4.) Character (Follows traditionally accepted Christian ethic as defined in the Bible)
• Demonstrates “three loves of a worship leader” (in this order): love for God, love for people, and love for music
• Growing through a relationship with Jesus
• Passes background check
• Meets or exceeds the practices contained in the Leadership Partner Covenant
Download Application – shorturl.at/jAJU3