Church: First Church
Location: Wheatfield/Hebron, Indiana
Multisite: Two Campuses
Attendance (Pre-Covid): 1,600
Current Attendance (Online & In Person): 1,400
First Church is a dynamic multigenerational church, as young and old partner and participate together in all aspects of serving and leading.
The two campuses of First Church are located about 20 minutes apart. Both in what many describe as the perfect location. The towns of Wheatfield and Hebron are small and relational, where people know their neighbors and feel safe. A 30-minute drive from Wheatfield or Hebron will take you to the midsize cities of Crown Point or Valparaiso, and just over an hour away is Chicago.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Online Director/Digital Communications Specialist
Using a defined social media strategy, create cohesive and engaging social media content (advertisements, posts, and streams) to share across multiple platforms that points people to Jesus and His Church. Lead the Social Media Team into a self-operating social media content creation crew. Make First Church’s online presence cohesive across social media platforms, website, app, and physical campuses.
Choosing a social media strategy
- Research and stay up to date with current trends and effective strategies to reach people online.
- Become familiar with how Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok, and other social media platforms utilize their own specific algorithms to distribute content to their users.
- Stay up to date with changes/updates in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
Cohesive social media content
- Master campus AVL systems as they apply to online content and Sunday worship
- Develop a coherent, recognizable brand (colors, moods, etc)
- Create engaging text, image, and video content to post consistently across all platforms that points people to Jesus and His Church.
- Design scroll-stopping posts to sustain curiosity & engagement.
- Create excitement and interaction around Sundays and events.
- Capture content during Sunday services & events for recap stories, videos, and posts.
- Create a social media schedule and maintain a one-week buffer of content.
- Integrate into organizational systems and standards for filing and inventory per the Media & Production Director
- Manage and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns that coincide with sermon series.
- Promote content through social advertising.
- Stay up to speed with Google Ads updates to ensure the lowest cost per click.
- Manage Google Ads campaigns and use effective keywords to coincide throughout the varying seasons of ministry, (Christmas, Easter, Summer at The Movies, etc.)
- Produce the design and production for website and social media branding.
- Think creatively to develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts.
- Monitor online reviews, posts, and comments, responding quickly with thoughtful, grace-filled replies.
- Create new ways to use social media to attract new visitors from various demographics.
- Have an engagement and growth strategy, analyzing and tracking all key metrics.
Lead social media team
- Create relationships with people that want to serve on the social media team.
- Develop your personal skills under the with photography + videography so that you can develop other’s skills.
- Cast the vision. Always remind the team why they are doing what they are doing.
- Edit and publish messages on Sundays
- Assist Media & Production Director with film productions
- Produce the Strong Roots Podcast
- Design graphics as needed for sermon series
- Design banners and large format graphics
- Serve as Technical Assistant at the new Hebron Campus