The Digital Director innovates, inspires and oversees the visual design and digital efforts to promote and advance the mission of the Covenant. This position supervises projects ranging from single-channel to complex, multi-channel campaigns. The Digital Director is responsible for developing visual concepts and communication strategies that connect churches and individuals to the ECC’s various ministries, resources and events.
* Strategize and implement concepts, guidelines and strategies in various creative projects and oversee them to completion.
* Build, lead and review the work of the creative team in the production of web and digital marketing material.
* Develop storytelling, marketing plans, analyzing results and identifying opportunities.
* Spearhead and manage content strategy for small- and large-scale projects.
* Develop internal marketing campaigns that translate objectives across ministry areas into clear and motivating creative strategies. Provide leadership to digital communications strategies.
* Facilitate brainstorming and creative sessions for various ministry teams and initiatives.
* Perform assessments of projects in development (review content and presentations, approve and/or provide feedback). Monitor results of team efforts and propose actions for the future.
* Analyze brand tracking, market trends, consumer need and the competitive landscape.
* Meet budget standards by forecasting and managing expenses.
* Help ECC ministries identify the messages and ideas they wish to communicate, the audience they wish to reach, and the packaging that best delivers a given message to a designated audience.
* Develop processes that enhance interaction with constituencies, including evaluating production methods and equipment that best meet current and future needs.
* Partner with the web manager and developers for the development of website design, architecture, navigation, graphics, and audio/video enhancements.
* Collaborate with internal and external constituencies of the ECC to drive and
support the effective use of social media.
* Develop and maintain analytical processes, dashboards, and metrics to measure
marketing and digital effectiveness.
* Provide courteous, empathetic and proactive customer service to all clients and ministry
* Monitor industry trends and cultural shifts; and identify trends and technologies that
will further enhance creative design and digital strategies.
* Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Communications.
Experience and Skills:
Education and Experience:
Required: Bachelor’s Degree or relevant degree, experience and/or certification; three to five
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and
Multisite, and Microsoft Office 365, MAC applications; familiarity with PHP and other
design/web technologies and project management software.
* Detail-oriented, strong organization, prioritization, multi-tasking and time-management
* Stellar leadership, verbal and written communication skills. Excels in attention to detail with
high level of accuracy in the preparation of documents, reports, and correspondence.
* Strong visual design eye.
* Ability to communicate design concepts and feedback to creatives.
* Intimate understanding of design copy and web-based best practices and guidelines.
* Solid understanding of brand development and multi-channel marketing concepts.
* Robust creative vision with the ability to grasp an understanding of ministry objectives.
* Strong negotiation and collaboration skills.
* Capability to respond to and deal with a range of ad hoc queries/requests. Maintains
flexibility in approach and adjusts actions when appropriate.
* Accepts criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high-stress situations.
* Ability to operate with discretion and, at times, with confidentiality.
* Aggressive in seeking to understand new technologies as they become available.
* Uses critical thinking skills, applying logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and
weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to address challenges.
* Self-starter, with the ability to work interdependently.
Able to work well in professional office setting but occasionally works in remote locales.
Occasional travel. Must be versatile and able to work for prolong segments sitting or standing.
Must engage frequently with office tools and equipment, such as: computer, copier, phone,
web-conferencing equipment, cell communication and printers. Must be able to occasionally lift
or move items, less than 40 lbs.; use machinery, such as pallets and dollies, to move boxes and
crates. Occasionally pack and unpack, move and lift boxes that contain event materials.