Hawkins United Methodist Church in Vicksburg, MS is accepting full resumes and brief cover letters until position is filled for a part-time Director of Children’s & Family Ministries. The person will work with the church staff and lead volunteers to promote and nurture faith formation in our children (Birth – 6th Grade) and families.
About the Children’s Program at Hawkins:
- We have a vibrant, growing, and culturally-mixed Children’s Ministry that connects with the immediate surrounding community in a meaningful and impactful way to reach all of God’s children for Christ.
- Our Sunday morning Connections (Sunday school) creatively engages the children in Bible lessons.
- During Sunday worship, the children worship with vibrant music, a specially crafted creative message just for them, and a lesson that reaches the kids where they’re at on their level.
- Wednesday night’s allow for more creative and high energy engagement where the kids can better connect with each other and trusted adults for meaningful times of discipleship.
- We partner with area churches to put on a massive, fun Vacation Bible School annually.
- The program is flexible so that whomever is at the helm can breathe their own unique life into it and work with families to disciple our children.
What we’re looking for:
- Has a growing faith in Jesus Christ, and is called to work in the area of Children’s Ministry
- Excellent written, spoken, and inter-personal communication skills
- Good time management, organizational, and leadership skills
- High Energy, Innovative, and Creative
- Has a love for children and families and able to engage every child of differing abilities
- A team player who can adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Able to administer the budget and maintain supplies and resources
- Strong computer and social media skills
- Can work with volunteers and enable them to live out their calling to disciple our children
Hours of Responsibility:
- Wednesday evenings and Sunday mornings, taking into account setup and breakdown of all activities.
- Must be available to lead, plan, and implement special programming, such as VBS.
- Flexible hours are during all other time periods during the week.
- A weekly staff meeting, as scheduled by the pastor
- This is a part-time position of 20 hours per week
Please, send your resume and brief cover letter to the email.