1. Understand the biblical role of parents as the primary spiritual leaders and chief disciple-maker of their children. Therefore, develops and implements strategies which promote and encourage parents to fulfill their God-ordained purpose such as: child baptism conferences with parents, child dedication classes, and maintaining the kids web pages including weekly updating of Parent Update page and weekly email to parents.
2. Plan, coordinate, and collaborate with the discipleship pastor and the youth pastor to ensure a unified vision and mission that seeks to support and train parents.
3. Recruit, train and coordinate workers for Children’s Ministry (CM) classes and events (VBS, etc.), worship services and programs. Works cooperatively with all staff and volunteers.
4. Provide a warm, friendly and learning environment for children and families.
5. Uses appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of Southview’s children in curriculum selection, child discipline, classroom grouping, etc.
6. Communicates the needs of the children’s program to other staff and church leaders as appropriate. Organizes, sets-up and stocks classrooms with necessary supplies.
7. Maintain, update, and train volunteers in our Risk Management Policy and other policies in our Children’s Ministry Manual.
8. Oversee the Kiosk Child Check-in team.
9. Works with the Facility Team for repairs.
10. Visits classes for the purpose of evaluation and teacher support in order to address any issues or emergencies that arise.
11. Assists Senior and Associate Pastors in caring for church families involved in CM as requested; to consult with parents regarding an issue with their child.
12. Lead regular CM team meetings and attend weekly staff meetings.
13. Participates in the annual budget creation process.
14. Manages CM budgets to ensure proper stewardship.
15. Participates in the life and worship of the Congregation.
16. Performs other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor that contribute to the administration and life of the Church.