Our Aim for the Children and Youth of Faith Community Church
At Faith Community Church, we desire our children and youth to grow into spiritually mature followers of Jesus Christ who “glorify and enjoy him forever.” Our children and youth are vital participants of our church body, and we are committed to training the next generation to worship, love, and serve our Savior.
Description of Position
The Director of Children and Youth will lead the youth ministry team (nursery–senior high) and work under the pastor and session to (1) oversee and train our teachers and volunteers for our nursery through
senior high ministries, (2) teach our children and/or youth, (3) develop a purposeful and comprehensive approach for discipleship of the children and youth under the leadership of the pastor and session, (4) initiate purposeful outreach to the children, youth and families in the local community.
Areas of Responsibility
• Identify, train, and oversee teachers and volunteers for children and youth ministries
• Teach Sunday school on a regular basis (age group and frequency to be decided in conjunction with the pastor)
• Work with the pastor to develop and implement a purposeful, Christ–centered approach to discipleship for our children and youth
• Initiate and implement means of outreach to children, youth and families in the local community
Other Areas of Responsibility
• Meet with pastor every other week
• Meet with session approximately twice/year
Hours Per Week
The Director of Children and Youth is expected to serve a minimum of 10 hours per week from September to May and a minimum of 5 hours per week from June to August.
The salary for the youth director is $1000.00/month from September to May and $500.00/month from June to August.
The Director of Children and Youth reports to the pastor and the session.
• Reformed; preferably with a background in the Presbyterian Church in America
• Willingness to make a 2–year commitment
• Children and/or youth ministry experience or training preferred
• College or university graduate; preferably a graduate (or current student) of an evangelical seminary or graduate school
Personal Character and Ministry Skills
• Spiritually mature
• Welcoming and hospitable
• Wise and discerning
• Strong teaching skills
To apply for this position, please send a digital or hard copy of your resume, including a cover letter, to Faith Community Church