Christ Lutheran Church, Hellertown, PA, a progressive/emergent church, is seeking a full-time Director of Children and Youth Ministries. This individual will help develop youth and faith formation programs, for our church, Learning center and the Hellertown community. The ideal person for this role will be an innovative, detail-oriented, hands-on person, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Playing a musical instrument for group activities would be an extra special benefit. This position reports to the Pastor. This position is funded for a minimum 3 year term. Agreement with Christ Lutheran Church’s faith Statement is essential.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
Creating a Youth and Young family ministry.
* Actively engage with children, youth, and families, both inside and outside the church walls
* Create social, educational, and Christian service, youth activities
* Recruit, train, coordinate, and support teams of volunteer leaders
* Create pathways for children and youth to serve with other ministry teams and
regularly participate in intergenerational opportunities
* Provide supportive resources for parents
* Organize the infrastructure of the ministry, guiding processes, implementing systems, and managing child protective policies
* Communicate regularly with key ministry stakeholders, both inside the church and those who are a part of the community
* Steward the budget and maintain the financial accountability of the ministry
Qualifications for this position are:
* A person of Christian faith that accepts our Faith Statement
* Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university preferred
* Musical talent is a strong plus
* Experience in youth ministry
* Ability to organize and keep accurate and detailed records
* Strong competence and comfort with technology, including effectively utilizing platforms of digital communications, social media.
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Demonstrated leadership skills and strong work ethic
* Passion for helping children, youth, and their parents know and love Jesus
Qualified candidates should send their resume along with a cover letter to Pastor Phil