The Director of Children and Family Ministries will lead the vital and strategic Children’s Ministries Council as it strives to fulfill its mission, goals, and duties of evangelizing and discipling children (birth – 5th grade) and empowering families to love and serve Jesus together. This individual, with the support of the Children’s Ministry Council, will develop and equip volunteers and oversee the children and family ministry of the church.
– Supervised by Senior Pastor
– Ministry Program Support – Children’s and Family Ministry Council
– Annual Performance Review – Head of Staff with member of Personnel Ministry Council
GENERAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF CHURCH DIRECTORS:
– Agree to abide by Windwood’s Employee Guidelines and Parameters, Team Values and Behavioral Covenant, Windwood Statement of Faith and Vision
– Be an active covenant Member of Windwood Presbyterian Church
– Bring spirit of cohesiveness, cooperation & collaboration to all of Windwood’s ministry to our congregation and community.
– Consistent presence and participation in Sunday Worship Services
– Be punctual and have consistent office hours to be available to team and congregation
– Follow directions and leadership of supervisor, Executive Pastor
– Communicate openly and honestly with supervisor and staff about needs, problems, and ideas for
– Cooperate in shared ministry leadership with Elders, Councils, Pastor and staff to plan and lead ministry programs and events.
– Contribute to team culture by assisting the overall ministry at Windwood as needed
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Lead a multi–year discipleship and evangelism program for children (birth to 5th grade) and their families that aligns with Windwood’s vision and values; assess and evaluate success, failures, and relevance of programming and adjust accordingly. (Programs can include Sunday School, Wednesdays at Windwood, Homeschool, VBS, childcare and other special events.)
– Coordinate with the Children’s and Family Ministry Elder and Children’s and Family Ministry Council to create and manage budget; collaborate for ways for the shaping and implementation of ministry programs
– Initiate, build and maintain authentic relationships with children, their parents and volunteers.
– Provide a safe, fun, friendly, faith–based and learning environment for children and families by balancing the implementation and execution of safety guidelines (such as Protect My Ministry and Children’s and Family Council Safety Policy) with people first practices.
– Utilize appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of Windwood’s children in curriculum selection, child discipline, classrooms with necessary supplies and assuring classrooms are stocked with appropriate & necessary supplies
– Develop, organize and lead effective ways to encourage parents and guardians to inspire curiosity and spiritual interest in their children; equip parents and guardians with resources to be the primary influence of faith formation.
– Collaborate with other Ministry Councils (Youth, Adult, The Adventure Preschool and Kardia Christian Academy) to minister and support families and programs including childcare.
– Recruit, train and lead unpaid members and active Windwood participants for Sunday Ministries, Wednesdays at Windwood, and Special Event Leaders, Classroom Workers. Hire, equip, and lead staff for various Kids Min positions approved by Personnel and Pastor.
– Encourage and support volunteers by scheduling, planning and providing resources and supplies in a timely manner.
– Provide targeted, effective and consistent communication and promotion of activities including impact stories to students, parents and congregation via email, monthly newsletter, bulletin boards, church website, social media, etc.
– A vibrant, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
– Servant attitude towards God, leaders, other team members, the church, members of the church, and guests
– Display leadership qualities such as a strategic planning, efficient execution, building team, adaptability, managing performance and effective communication
– Have a deep love of children and desire to serve them and their families
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
– 3+ years’ experience in children’s ministry and/or management of children’s programs required
– Four–year college degree strongly preferred
– A commitment to personal spiritual development and passion for God’s Word
– Has a commitment to the Statement of Faith, Ministry Values and Core Values as stated by the Bylaws of Windwood Presbyterian Church.
– Knowledge of computers including MS Office software and Church Software (ACS & Planning Center).
– Ability to prioritize, organize and multi–task
– Excellent communication skills
– This position requires active covenant membership in Windwood Presbyterian Church
Submit resume and reference by email.