Transforming lives by the power of the Gospel.
We are a gospel-centered community of disciple-making disciples who Celebrate Christ; Renew our hearts and minds through His Word; live in Deep Community; and Serve the needs of others.
The primary role of the Children’s Ministry Director is to oversee the care for our children ages infant through fifth grade. This includes oversight of facilities, staff and volunteers. This individual will be supervised by and accountable to Pastor of Spiritual Formation & Church Planting. The Children’s Ministry Director will also work alongside ministry leaders in our church to help implement the vision of our church through celebration, deep community, service, and renewal. This individual will actively participate in adding to the health and vitality of the HHPC staff, leadership and ministry team(s).
• A growing commitment to the Christian faith, specifically in the gospel of grace, and to serving God through the discipleship of students and families.
• A person who embraces and embodies HHPC’s mission, values, and core beliefs.
• An ability and desire to connect to teenagers in today’s world.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Seminary degree recommended.
• At least three years of significant, successful experience in developing student ministry programs in a parachurch or medium to large congregational setting.
• Proven success in the recruitment, development and management of lay leaders and/or staff team.
• Good work-life balance and ability to maintain gospel renewal and vibrancy in everyday life.
• Lead and develop Children’s volunteer team.
• Manage, train, and develop all children’s ministry volunteers and staff.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the Pastor of Spiritual Formation & Church Planting.
• Communicate regularly through various means of communication to offer support, encouragement, and updates in the children’s ministry.
• Works with the nursery ministry staff in ministering to the teachers, workers, and parents of children in the nursery wing.
• Helps in special events such as Easter, Summer Programs, Christmas, etc.
• Works with the Spiritual Formation Team to insure a continuous and consistent teaching from the Children’s Ministry to the Youth Ministry (specifically transition into FUSE, HHPC’s 5th grade ministry).
• Attend Staff Meetings.
• Manages and works with the Nursery Ministry Staff in ministering to the children in the nursery wing.
• Manages any and all children’s ministry events including but not limited to VBS and any church event designated for children.
• Works closely with the Pastor of Spiritual Formation & Church Planting in selecting and evaluating curriculum for all teaching opportunities.
Accountability & Oversight
• The Children’s Ministry Director reports to and is reviewed by the Pastor of Spiritual Formation & Church Planting.
• The Children’s Ministry Director works closely with staff and a volunteer Children’s Team in planning and executing ministry.
Reports to: Spiritual Formation & Church Planting Pastor
Direct Reports: None