HopePointe Anglican Church is looking for a full-time Children’s Ministry Director to join our team!
God has so clearly been moving at HopePointe by bringing more families and children into our midst! With the amount of babies and newcomers we have joyfully welcomed in the last several years, our children’s ministry is growing. We are looking to bring someone on full-time to continue guiding our Children’s Ministry, forward in the foundation that has been faithfully laid while also developing and shaping it according to God’s purposes.
The Director of Children’s Ministry plays a foundational role in the lives of the families of our church. This person is charged with pastoring and mentoring infants, toddlers, children up to fourth grade, and the volunteers who work with them. Additionally, he or she has an invaluable opportunity to equip and encourage parents and caretakers of the children. At HopePointe, every member is expected to play a role in raising our children in the knowledge and love of Jesus Christ.
This collect from the Book of Common Prayer conveys the charge to all parents, caretakers, and the Children’s Ministry Director:
“Almighty God, heavenly Father, you have blessed us with the joy and care of children: Give us calm strength and patient wisdom so to train them, that they may love all that is true, and pure, and lovely, and of good report, following the example of their Savior Jesus Christ. Amen.”
Who will love this job:
- A loving mentor
- A patient teacher
- A creative problem-solver
- A tactful & clear communicator
- A collaborator
- A lover of Scripture
What you’ll do:
- Attend and contribute to ministry team meetings, consisting of: HopePointe Staff, Ministry Coordination Team, and Clergy Meetings (if applicable).
- Coordinate with the Pastor of Family Life to recruit, disciple, and train lay leaders and volunteers.
- Develop personal and genuine relationships with church families to create a culture of parental input, involvement, and participation.
- Procure resources for families to use for discipleship, formation, and prayer, in conjunction with the Pastor of Family Life.
- Create and manage the Children’s Ministry and childcare expenses budget.
- Lead annual ministry trainings specific to children’s ministry.
- Engage regularly with families, checking in on how they are doing and ways we might better serve them in conjunction with the Pastor of Family Life.
- Communicate and cooperate with Family Life team and various ministry leaders to create services, events, and opportunities for families to gather in fellowship, to include:
- Children’s Worship on Sunday mornings, Vacation Bible School, Fall Festival, Parents’ Night Out, and any other special events focused on Holy Days.
- Coordinate and track correspondence with any visitors and new church members participating in Children’s Ministry services and events.
- Learn new tools and platforms quickly; i.e. all Gsuite tools, Planning Center, Slack, and regularly use and manage the full Planning Center suite of apps.
- Communicate effectively by
- using Slack and email with staff and families
- using Planning Center apps or personal means such as text messages and phone calls to families
- creating, editing, and proofreading correspondence, event announcements, and other communications related to the Children’s Ministry
- Interview, hire, train, and manage paid childcare workers for Sunday mornings/special events and services.
You should have:
- 2-3 years of experience in children’s ministry
- Experience managing a team
- Experience building and scaling programs
- Experience teaching children
- A comfort level engaging/working with parents
- Management experience with childcare program or have taught in a daycare setting
Culture and values:
Working at HopePointe is an opportunity to live out our Christian faith in community. We celebrate the uniqueness each of us brings and embrace a culture of collaboration and creativity as a team. Our relationships with Jesus and spiritual health in worship will always be our first priorities.
As a smaller team, we maintain a healthy balance of having personal friendships with one another while maintaining a professional work environment. Our team is passionate about serving with excellence and honoring God by offering quality ministry in everything we do.
- Spiritual formation
- Positive workplace
Pay, perks, and such:
- Competitive pay based upon education and experience
- Weekly childcare provided on church campus
- Flexible hours
- Up to 2 weeks paid time off
- Up to 4 weeks paid parental leave
- Up to 1 week sick leave
- Professional development: 1 week paid time off for additional training and/or conferences
- Work from home flexibility
How to apply:
Email your resume and CV to Kelly Alcala, Parish Admin.