The historic Ebenezer Baptist Church, located in Atlanta, Georgia is currently seeking a qualified communications professional to join our ministry team. As a vibrant and internationally relevant ministry, the ideal candidate will have a knowledge of and respect for the history of the ministry as well as the ability to focus on current and future objectives.
Create and implement an annual, comprehensive communication plan for Ebenezer
• Work with team members and strategic partners to ensure high-quality and high impact communications are created for both internal and external audiences.
• Create a cohesive plan that utilizes and expands Ebenezer’s digital resources
• Build and help steward a virtual membership and constituency for Ebenezer – Ebenezer Everywhere
• Carry out the day-to-day tasks of communications
• Write content and/or edit for all of Ebenezer’s digital and print vehicles
• Manage Ebenezer’s brand so that it is consistent with our purpose and priorities
• Managing the development of all church communication materials both digital and print
• Ensure proper planning and project management of all special ministry events
• Create two different communication strategies: One for members and the other for Friends of Ebenezer
Regularly communicate events and activities for ministries through a variety of vehicles
• Partner with ministries, meeting with them and creating communication
plans to mobilize their speciﬁc audiences to respond.
• Communicate events through Sunday video announcements, Ebenezer App, Ebenezer website, Ebenezer social media channels, and regular church-wide mails
• Proactively plan and work with ministries to support their communications needs
Oversee all of Ebenezer’s media, public relations and marketing work
• Develop an annual plan for media, public relations and marketing
• Manage contractors
• Review and edit all related written materials and designs
• Proofread all fundraising proposals and documents
Manage Ebenezer’s digital tools in a way that they are up-to-date, relevant and compelling
• Ensuring that the ministry website and mobile app properties are relevant and reflective of the spirit and goals of the ministry.
• Write content
• Ensuring that a strategy is in place for social media channels
• Ensure that link to Ebenezer commerce opportunities are up-to-date and easily accessible through multiple channels
Oversee EBC information technology
• Provide oversight of the Church’s various digital platforms including live streaming, website and app
• Manage external IT firm
• Oversee and manage all internal technological tools
• Budget development
• Manage communications expenses within approved budgets
Serve as a member of the Production Team (to be developed) Other Duties
Other tasks as assigned by the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor
• Seasoned communications professional and leader
• Experience working within a faith-rooted, social justice context
• Is a digital native or tech savvy with a strong social media track record
• Excellent writer and communicator
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills
• A background in marketing
• Excellent decision-making skills
• Project management experience
• Administrative experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Lead and manage communication staff, contractors and volunteers
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree – preferable in communications or marketing
• Minimum of one to three years of related experience
Preferred Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing and three to five years of experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Clear background screens
Position Type\Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Sunday through Thursday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
This job operates in a professional office and church environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines and all forms of digital media.
No travel is expected for this position outside of Metropolitan Atlanta except for special events.