The Director of Community Life and Music will bring energy, organization and visionary leadership to CCC Outreach, Assimilation, and Discipleship (80%) while giving leadership to excellent music (20%).
The Director of Community Life and Music empowers the congregation of CCC to pursue its mission and vision by providing leadership to outward-facing and assimilative aspects of church life. He or she is a forward thinker who designs the systems and structures and then initiates with people to recruit, train, and support them in these areas, helping people steward their God-given time, treasure and talent. He or she will work closely with the Lead Pastor and with flock elders, and will always have “people” in view, encouraging them to live out their respective callings in the life of the church. His or her musical talent will help build a Christ-centered, theologically rich, and aesthetically excellent praise offering to the Lord.
1. Lead all outward-facing initiatives of the church
a. Move into the community as an ambassador
b. Manage outward-facing communication, marketing and branding
c. Reach into the community by overseeing the creation and organization (via trained leaders, where possible) of all CCC outreach initiatives and ministries.
2. Bring creative and energetic leadership to all assimilative initiatives and teams.
3. Recruit, onboard, train, and support all small group leaders
4. Direct and lead music.
a. Work with Lead Pastor to recruit musicians and stand up a quality Sunday morning praise team from within the congregation.
b. Lead other periodic musical initiatives (e.g., children’s choir, youth praise team).
1. Proven, consistent walk with the Lord
2. Keen emotional intelligence and relational initiative
3. Extraordinary project initiative and follow-through
4. Excellent collaborative and teamwork skills
5. Proven strategic planning and project management skills
6. Godly, patient, kind, gentle, agile and Spirit-filled under pressure of multiple priorities and people
7. Ability to coordinate church ministries effectively, proven by at least three years of ministry experience
8. Exceptional musical ability attested to by at least five years of experience in leading music teams. Teachable, flexible, and gentle with volunteers.
a. Our goal is simple, joyful, reverent worship.
b. Our style is a blend of traditional hymns (usually two per Sunday, historically piano led) and singable, contemporary praise choruses with rich theology (Indelible Grace, City Alight, Chris Tomlin, etc.; usually three per Sunday).
c. Our pastor is musically experienced, so the ability to collaborate and respond to his leadership is important.