The Director of Contemporary Music and the Arts (Exempt, Salaried, Full-time ) will be responsible for the ongoing development, implementation, and growth of contemporary worship services at St. Luke’s. Responsibilities include leadership of vocal and instrumental teams, all additional creative expressions for worship and thematic support (i.e. dance, drama, art, video) and collaborating on the production of all additional worship elements for the contemporary service; logistics for communion and other special events).
• Demonstrate passion about the Christian faith, actively seek to grow in personal relationship with God, and be committed to the mission and purpose of St. Luke’s.
• Knowledge of current, popular Christian music in a diversity of styles from what is played on K-Love to Gospel, R&B and world music.
• Experience arranging songs for vocalists and musicians in a worship setting
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience leading congregations in worship
• Bachelor’s Degree -preferably in music or a related field
• Background in a mainline denomination is preferred
In addition to submitting a resume and cover letter, please include a video of yourself leading worship AND a video of you and your primary instrument (piano or guitar) singing a song – send to the email or visit their website.